• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Black Chrome

Started by Brad H, April 24, 2008, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bob D

Looking good Brad. Tell us the particulars about this call.
Bob

Todd Rahm

Now theres a name I like "Black Chrome"  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Very nice Bradley :yoyo:
I wouldnt expect anything else from you. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

thats a sweet call and I REALLY enjoy the way you set up the photo  :yoyo:

Frogman

Great looking call.  I like the pre-64 Model 70 Featherweight .243 too.  I inherited one just like it from my Dad.  I eventually shot the first two inches of the barrel out with hot reloads.  Had it rebarrelled in .308.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Brad H

I don't have much for details other than it's the end cut off a misshaped and uneven horn that I couldn't do anything else with. The tip was perfect for a call though. The sound (IMO) is second to none as a distress call and, being an open reed, will make a great howler. I've still got some antler ideas I'm working on but I think I'll be making a few more of these like this one. The pre 64 is inherited from my great uncle. I haven't even pulled the trigger yet, but I will. I also have his .270 which was bought at the same time in '52 or '53. It's not a Featherweight though. I plan on taking a few coyotes down with this .243 and calling it good.

Brad

iahntr

:yoyo: :yoyo: VERY NICE !!
as usual  :wink:    :congrats: :congrats:
Scott

Lonehowl

Brad, I love that call, sleek and beautiful. Awsome.

GroundChuck

That looks awesome. flawless finish
There's nothing I can't do,I just haven't done it yet.

paint

Very nice lookin call :congrats:

Tjones

Nice very nice Brad, I ended up with one of Brads howlers at the RMEF Banquet, it rides around with me in my truck, I get some weird looks blowing it coming to and from work, I do go a little easy on it though, its is LOUD inside the cab of the truck if I really cut loose with it :roflmao:
A tracker who hopes to read all the track offers must be astute during discovery and reasonable during interpretation.  Gerry Blair

Brad H

Hey creasy,

Great to hear you're working that thing!! And it does have a turbo drive. :biggrin:

You can relate then to the finish. That howler is basically this distress call all grown up. Man I love buffalo horn.

Brad

keekee

Great looking work Brad! Your finish is first class as always! :yoyo:

Brent

Fireball221

Brad and Creasy,
Ain't is a small world!  Ha Ha

Bopeye

Absolutely beautiful!! I do love your calls.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

northern coyote

now thats a SLICK call! you've got some really skill!  :bowingsmilie:
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

Brad H

Well thank you NC and same to the rest of you!!

I really liked making this call and I plan on making a few more to be available hopefully sooner rather than later.

They may look nice, but they're all about sound. :eyebrow:

Brad