• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Progress report on my cur pup

Started by possumal, May 09, 2008, 11:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Just wanted to share the progress of "CronkSue's Sam", my Ladner Yellow Blackmouth Cur pup that I kept out of my litter of 8. He is recovering nicely from his bout with ringworm, and is getting slick and sassy.  Growing fast too both in size and smarts.  I agree with Brent and J.D. in that these durned dogs think they need to be in on everything you do.  I was laying out the concrete blocks for the base of his new kennel, and he thought he needed to help.  He is so anxious to do something with me all the time that it amazes me. I have been training him to respond to a Primos Quail whistle, and he is really getting into that.  I need to get him to the fields more, but keeping him isolated during his treatment has slowed that part down.  Time is getting close though. He looks like he is going to be a big rascal, if he just fills out to fit his long legs and big feet (Kind of like Weedwalker (lol)). Here are a few pictures of the big ham.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

LORDDAL

there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Real good looking dog.
Does he have hip issues or why's he's setting like that in the last two pictures?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 10, 2008, 01:13:05 AM
Real good looking dog.
Does he have hip issues or why's he's setting like that in the last two pictures?

Jim:  I am not aware of any hip issues, but he sure sits and lies down in some of the craziest positions.  Could be the special training I have been giving him, trying to get him to sit like Bopeye, so the yotes will come in and try to eat him.  There is no way they are going to think "Look at that chicken" when they see him when he is full grown.  :roflmao: :roflmao: 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

Thanks for the pix Al.
Don't worry Al he'll fill out fine when gets over this & a little more age on him.  :wink: