• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The official FnF 2008 Fishing Tournament

Started by FinsnFur, May 22, 2008, 07:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Ok.....here we go! :yoyo:

The tournament starts the minute your done reading this. That way folks who can't find time during the week, got the whole Memorial Day weekend to get out.
Tournament ends on the last day of June, at high noon, board time!

This is going to be footage tournament like last years so all entries MUST be photographed with a tape measure in order to qualify.

• Fish must be taken by hook and line. Thanks Jerry  :laf:
  • All eligible fish must be photographed and photos must be dated May22rd 2008 or later. Photos without date stamps will be disqualified, unless they can be verified by one of the FnF staff.
  • Photos must be posted in "YOUR OWN THREAD". Please start a thread of your own and keepi adding your entires to your own thread.
  • Photos MUST have something in the picture that reads Fins and Fur. It can be absolutely anything, on anything, but must be legible in the picture. No photoshop.
  • All photos must have an OPEN tape measure legibly placed in the photograph parallel to the fish. This is a footage contest.
  • All species are eligible, but each fish entered and photographed must be legal to harvest at the time and location of it's catch.
  • All entries, depending on species must fall within the requirements laid out below for that species. I know this looks like bullsht guys, but we have to accommodate every angler, whether it be shark chaser or a perch picker.
  • All participants must be a Fins and Fur member with Reg Member status by the end of the Tournament.

Species Requirements (only fish meeting the specified lengths are eligible)

• any panfish must be 8" or more
  • Trout, 12" inches or more
  • Walleye, 16" or more
  • Northern Pike and Musky must be 36'' or more
  • Non Game Fish, Carp, Paddle, Bowfin 30" or more(excluding catfish and bullheads)
  • Catfish (channel or flathead) 16" or more
  • Bullheads must be 8" or more
  • Stripers(saltwater), 30" or more
  • Stripers(freshwater), 14" or more
  • Flounder, 25" or more
  • Large and Small Mouth Bass, 14" or more
  • White Bass, Silver Bass, Sand bass must be 12" or more
  • King Salmon, 36" or more
  • Saltwater fish not listed, 36" or more

Prize Placement and structure.
There will be three prize winners in this years tournament.
The three contestants with the most overall inches at the end of the contest will be packing home the loot.

1st place will be a $150 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

2nd place will be $100 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

3rd place will be $75 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

What did I forget?
Any questions?

Dont forget, everyone needs to start a new topic and keep placing their entries into that topic. Everyone will have their own topic.

This will help me keep track of everyone since I doubt I'll have the time to continuously edit a master list like last year.
I'll pin each persons topic for the span of the tournament.

Oh and thanks to all the members whom contributed to the FnF Fund Raising events to make this tournament possible :yoyo:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bills Custom Calls

Looks and sounds good to me I am ready,now I just need to find the fish big enough to enter
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

DirtyDog

Looks good Jim......Bill and I are gonna get started this weekend.  :eyebrow:

Todd Rahm

QuoteAll eligible fish must be photographed and photos must be dated May22rd 2008 or later. Photos without date stamps will be disqualified, unless they can be verified by one of the FnF staff.

That leaves me out my darn spendy camera don't put the date on the pic?

Hey why such the huge salmon size? Aint but one Salmon  out of five that gets that big, I think?

FinsnFur

Salmon?  They average way over 36" inches dont they?

When I lived on Lake Michigan they had an annual Salmon O Ramo every year and I coulda swore some of the Salmons on the charts were well into the 50 inch range.

Your new camera HAS to have a time and date stamp... :wo: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

LORDDAL

sounds good to me Jim guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow and Saturday now if I can only find my TNT  :roflmao: but hey I have a whole week off in june to spend fishing too Sweet good luck everyone  :yoyo:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Brad H

Looks good.

I'll mess around with my camera and get the time and date working.

Brad

Silencer

Looks good Jim, first I got to run downtown and pick up the fishing license, I set aside some money outta my check just for this purpose  :eyebrow:

I best set my date stamp correct as well, I hate using it but these arent beauty shots anyhow  :wink:

Good luck everyone !!!   

bigben

yeah jim unless we are going out and catching moby dick I think 36'ft is a bit large for saltwater fish aint it?  just hecklin ya.  might want to edit that. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Todd Rahm

Jim,

A 36" silver, red or pink salmon would be equivalent to requiring all bass to be 25 lb minimums.  :biggrin: Matter fact if I hook into any in the 36" range you'll all be seeing me on national TV with some kind of big check.   :biggrin:

But unless I figure out how/if at all, if my camera has the date stamp on it, I'll just be sharing pictures for fun this year.  ;yes;

FinsnFur

Your going to figure it out Todd, so knock it off :wink:
Oh and give me a good length requirement on the Salmon then since I'm way outta whack here, and I'll edit the list up there.

By the way call me when you get time, I tried and left a message but I'm not sure I used the right number.

And ben....you hush up! :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Jim,

Seeing how people up north can "net" fish and there was no mention of not "bow" fishing.  Is this tournament limited to "Hook and Line" or is it "light the stick of dynamite" and I might win?

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Darn Jerry. ya had to tell! I do have a 5' hoop net, but haven't did the dip netting thing in years.  :biggrin:

Jim,

Best guess on averages would be

Kings          36" is probably good
Chums        28"

Silvers
Reds          22"  is probly fair since pinks are at the low end and silvers are at the high end
Pinks

No really I don't hink my camera has that time feature?   :confused:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

weedwalker

What size for walleye? I can't seem to catch one, but just in case I luck into one. :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

weedwalker

16" is fine. Now if I can just catch one. :confused:

LORDDAL

Logan and I have our sign all made up went out friday and saturday and all we caught was a few creek chubs man what a start lol  :roflmao:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Thats NOT a good start, but's it is a start :hahaha:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers