• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quick Howler Sound Clip

Started by THO Game Calls, June 18, 2008, 05:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

Really short, but if you would take a sec and let me know what you think, I would appreciate it -   and then I will tell you the "rest of the story" 

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

CCP

I hope I don't get beat to hell  on this but I no like so far.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

alscalls

Seems high and squeaky Might be the call I am not sure.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

George Ackley

It sound as though you trying to howl  with something other then a howler
almost sound like your blowing hard into a metal voice that is grooved or bent down the center of the tone board..
I would like to hear it with a quiver in the beginning  and a bark on the end
sound like a metal voice
I ant saying it sounds bad just different :confused:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

THO Game Calls

OK, the two sounds you heard were from two different cow horn howlers.  I was not trying to get a realistic howl, just a pitch test.

One of these calls is from a very well known and respected master call maker, the other is from one of the modified duck call inserts I posted about a few weeks ago.

I have been doing this for about 6 hours and my ears are shot, everything sounds the same, my lungs feel like I ran the marathon and the neighbots are pissed.

I think I have found a way to modigy the molded tone boards so that they will work well in a horn howler.  My thinking was if I could get them to sound like one of the master call makers, then it would help all of us, especially the new guys.

I think they are pretty close, but as I said, my ears are shot.

Thanks for taking a listen,

Al

i

Bob D

Al,
I agree, your ears are shot. I don't like the way it sounds.
Bob

coyote101

Al,

They're not exactly the same, but they're pretty close.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

I was hoping it was the speakers on the Toshiba :doh2:
Now Coulter or Silencer will come in and say, ohhhhh awesome duck call :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Thanks for the input.  I got some great stuff and hope to have these worked out in a day or so.  It may not work, but then it might.  Never know until you try.

Thank you again'

Al

THO Game Calls

Man, that was low.

Duck Call?

What Bopeye says.     :roflmao:

Al

FinsnFur

:laf: Hey I'm listening to it on the laptop :shrug: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Braz

Well Al, I'm no expert, but I think the sounds are quite good. Both of them. They start low and run high, with no breaks. Seems to me that is what you are looking for. I think you got it. At least for me.  :congrats:
Braz

THO Game Calls

QuoteHey I'm listening to it on the laptop

Is that the one you bought at WalMart ??    :roflmao:    :roflmao:    :roflmao: 

Al

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

THO Game Calls

Don't worry Jim, I got mine from Home Depot - maybe that's why sometimes I want to use it as a hammer :)

Al

Jerry Hunsley

Al , Your tone board needs to have a more gradual taper on the end. Thet one baoard you are trying to use has too much sharp  taper. That's just what it sounds like to me. The sound is there but it has to taper off more at the end as you blow it.

THO Game Calls

Thanks for thge input Jerry.

I no longer make howlers as I have read that the best hower ever made is by KO, so there is no reason to make them anymore.

But I appreciate your insight

AL

Jerry Hunsley

Al, I sure wouldn't let a little statement like that detour you from making howlers. I have seen a lot of your work and it  exquisite. My only experience is with tone boards I make ,so that is what I have based my information on. Some howlers are easy to blow to the average fellow and some are difficult for the beginner to blow. Some people can't blow the howlers, but  sure can blow the distress open reed calls.  Some people like mine , so I guess it is a personal choice and there are lots to choose from. I never did like latex howlers, but some people can make them sing awful well. As you already know, you don't have to sound perfect with distress calls ,but you have to be a little more precise with the howlers. I guess that is why some people don't like them. They just don't have any luck with them so they don't give them a chance to prove theirselves. There are lots of them out their, too many to even mention, but the Cronk howlers have been around a lot of years and the man knows what he is doing. Knowing what vocalizations to make at a given stand is a must most of the time, but like I have said before, if a guy can master a location howl , he will get a lot of coyotes to respond and come in.  keep up the good work. Your quality of calls is right up there at the top.

FinsnFur

I'm with Jerry, there's still more predator hunters then there are howler makers...and every one of them can't have the same view opinion and preference in howlers. Keep em comin Al.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Jerry-- Could you explain somehow what a "location howl" would sound like? Is it just a high pitch drawn out howl with hi/low/average volume?? I sure would be interested in learning that one.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11