• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Butternut Howler

Started by John_NY, June 26, 2008, 12:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

This is a butternut howler I finished today. This butternut is as light as styrofoam. It is leaning up on an old high standard 9 shot .22 I found in a gun shop this spring. I had one when I was younger and couldn't pass it up.

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Bills Custom Calls

I like the gun John

Oh Yeah the call looks good also  :laf:

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

THO Game Calls

I think you have developed a style on those howlers! 

How does the butternut sound?  I know it's a favorite box call wood, but I have never used it for a predator call.  Is it more mellow than the real hard and dense woods?

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

carvercalls

Very nice  howler John.. Ill bet she sounds gooooooood :yoyo: Kerry

John_NY

Al:
     I like the sound of it. Not sure if it's the wood or the lenght but it's loud.

Kerry:
     It has to sound good. It has the last of my Carver toneboards in it.  :biggrin: 
I hope you have your boards for sale again soon. I have been trying to come up with a board and have Loren produce it for me but so far I haven't got that perfect sound to get it done yet. But I'm working on it.

Bill:
   I like the gun too. I was real happy when I found it in the gun shop. She shoots good for an old gal.

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

cb223

Nice work John! I like it!
CHAD

John_NY

Thanks guys. I did some more work on the toneboard today. I think I got it right where I want it. Now to convince myself to quit tinkering with it.

John

cb223

Quote from: John_NY on June 26, 2008, 09:58:45 PM
Thanks guys. I did some more work on the toneboard today. I think I got it right where I want it. Now to convince myself to quit tinkering with it.

John

Can you put a sound file up? I'd like to hear it.
CHAD

John_NY

I wish I could. I don't have anything to record it on. I'd like opinions on the sound. Maybe one of these days I'll get set up so I can do that.

John