• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

KO'D by Crotch Cherry

Started by Tjones, July 15, 2008, 10:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjones

So after being out of town for the weekend I want to get started on a couple of calls. I get home from work and crank up my table saw to cut some blanks of crotch cherry, third blank in I get this blank kick back and take a nice chunk out of my nose, all while my face shield hangs on a nail on the end of my bench,,,,I am far from a expert call maker but if I can offer any advice,,Wear a face shield around any power tool

15 stiches and a big fat ER bill later, my ugly mug just got uglier

A tracker who hopes to read all the track offers must be astute during discovery and reasonable during interpretation.  Gerry Blair

John_NY

I'd figure out something and blame it on my wife.  :laf: :laf: :laf:

Get well soon.
John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

weedwalker

OUCH !!!  :shck: That's gonna leave a mark.  :huh:

DirtyDog

My nose now hurst just looking at that. I'm sure you'll get back to turnin in no time.  :wink:

Coulter

That'll just build more character :eyebrownod: Hope everything heals up good.

Steve

FinsnFur

I'm surprised it's not all swollen. Boy if that woulda hit you in the eye you'da been in a heap pf trouble. :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Anything around the nose area hurts !!!  Keep it clean, you dont want that getting infected. 

Tjones

A little higher gets an eye a little lower get my teeth, I guess the beak is the luckest spot, although this morning I don't feel real lucky :shrug:

I may go with a bar fight story,
A tracker who hopes to read all the track offers must be astute during discovery and reasonable during interpretation.  Gerry Blair

Hawks Feather

You went into the motorcycle bar because you had heard that they were giving the youth Sunday school teacher (who only worked there to get enough money for the surgery that her grandmother who had raised her after her parents were kidnapped by terrorist) there a bad time.  Somehow, they knew that you were coming and when you entered the door the leader of the gang (the biggest person in the bar) hit you right in the face with a baseball bat.  Even after that blow, you failed to fall and calmly grabbed him by the neck.  Since you could tell that this big bad boy was the leader, you held him there and said, "If you or any of your gang EVER so much as think about giving Miss Susie a bad time again, I will be back."  After watching you take the blow to your face and not even taking the time to wipe the blood off of your face, he knew that he and the rest of his gang would no longer be able to be anything but nice in this bar.

That's your story and you are sticking to it.

Jerry

P.S.  That does look like it is going to be hurting, but at least it was not worse.  I hope you get feeling better real soon.

Tjones

Perfect Jerry, I am going with your story, sounds lots better then my dumb mistake. It looks worse then it feels today, I do have to lay low, I am sure I would scare women and small children today

Bob D

That is one painful looking injury. I bet that sucka hurts today. I feel sorry for you.
Bob

KySongDog

I always go with "Yeah, but ya ought to see the OTHER guy!"    :biggrin: 

Glad your eye didn't get hit!   :shck:

Semp

wv_yoter

Ouch, glad it didn't get your eye.
Jason

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

Dang dude..........hope that heals right. OUCH
Ya say your wife hit ya? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

blacky

Darn bud, that looks awful but i am glad you are ok if maybe a little bit uglier.

I just threw a fit when I broke a striker i was turning. It is hard to tell what I may say if something like that happened to me.

Get well soon.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

nailbender

HA  HAAA! :hahaha:           Somebody had to say it!

nastygunz

Dang you kinda look like Ric Flair the wrestler :biggrin:

iahntr

That's no fun.  :nono:
Glad it wasn't worse. (bad enough)
That's gonna be a little tender for a while.
Scott

cb223

OUCH!!! That looks like it hurt!

Hope it heals fast for you.
CHAD