• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

If You Took Me To One Of Your Favorite Hunting Spots And Then I....

Started by THO Game Calls, August 15, 2008, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

went back there time and time again on my own, and took my buddies there, would that upset you?

How about if I mentioned calling say - oh how about raccoons?  And you told me of a good spot to go.   And then I went and told one of my buddies who then went there, took pictures of the place, and posted them on my states hunting and fishing site, complete with the name of the area and the town it was in?

Would that piss you off?

Yeah, it's public land.  Yeah it is open to everyone.  But when someone tells you of a good spot to hunt, why in the hell blather it all over the internet?

Honestly, I just dont get it.  I really don't.   No, I don't own the land and I have absolutely no say who finds it and hunts it - but damn.   Posting the location on your states hunting and fishing site?   Am I lost here or something wrong with this picture??

The Dork

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

bigben

break his damn fingers and tell him no.  I normally take anyone I hunt to the local state game lands or state forest before I ever go to my private honey holes.  mainly to feel them out and see how they hunt and the kind of hunter they are.  I tell them up front these are my areas I took the time to find them and scout em out.  I got permission and do not ever come here without me and do not tell your friends.  if they do not sound sincere in their response then we stay on public ground.  if they really truely mean it then I have no problems taking em hunting. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

THO Al

You really gotta do something about that soft heart of yours.   :biggrin:  As for me, I got ONE buddy I take to a private area (deer and turkeys) and told him NO ONE else period under pain of dismemberment by me.  I leave nothing to assumption when it comes to one of the few private areas I have to hunt.  But to answer your question, yes, it would displease me greatly.

As for public land, there is really nothing ya can do.  Except not tell 'em where to hunt to begin with. 

BTW, you are not a Dork.   :nono: 

George Ackley

edited to say
sorry Al  didnt read you hole post before i post ....

yes i would be mad also

common curtsey , and respect,, I would have asked you first to see if it was cool to do so...
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Hawks Feather

Al,

It is always nice to have someone along to talk with on the drive, but if this is what happens, it would not be worth it.  It seems that some people have no respect for another person being nice to them.

Also, if you did it once to me, I would not worry about it happening again because whenever you called and asked me to hunt, I would be BUSY.

Jerry

bigben

like jerry said no respect anymore period.  I have more problems getting land because the last person that hunted their trashed the property.  I have even had people call me and ask me if they can hunt the same property as I do and then say well you have plenty share it.  I don't think so.  there has been times when others went in and trapped on properties that I trap and catch dogs and other critters and then do not check em every day.  when I get a call from a angry farmer in january about a trap I have a raccoon in for days and I do not even have steel in the ground that kind of jerks my chain.  I call the pa game commish and go to the field to make sure that the other guy does not show up and remove the evidence.  got two guys for it the last few years.  one is actually a well known name in the trappers association.  if they would call me after they took others there after I told em not to I would be laying it down so they know what I was pissed about.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

browning204

Quote from: THO Game Calls on August 15, 2008, 10:33:39 AM
went back there time and time again on my own, and took my buddies there, would that upset you?

How about if I mentioned calling say - oh how about raccoons?  And you told me of a good spot to go.   And then I went and told one of my buddies who then went there, took pictures of the place, and posted them on my states hunting and fishing site, complete with the name of the area and the town it was in?

Would that piss you off?

Yeah, it's public land.  Yeah it is open to everyone.  But when someone tells you of a good spot to hunt, why in the hell blather it all over the internet?

Honestly, I just dont get it.  I really don't.   No, I don't own the land and I have absolutely no say who finds it and hunts it - but damn.   Posting the location on your states hunting and fishing site?   Am I lost here or something wrong with this picture??

The Dork

Al are you talking about this??

http://www.nhwoodswaters.proboards82.com/index.cgi?board=predator&action=display&thread=1870

if so the info came from right here

http://www.finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=2953.0

No need to give it out, it was there for anyone to see.

If your NOT talking about this then forget it.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Troy Walter

Yes sir I would be mad.That is why I never take no one to my places I hunt.

THO Game Calls

Mike -

Forgot I postet that to help you.  Should have just sent an E mail or a PM  - -  My bust.  It wont happen again.  I'm still pissed to have found it on the NH woods and waters site.   Honestly - you have to be shitting me to post NH info on the NH site LOL - Posting it here was dumb too - and like I said, it damn sure wont happen again. 

You guys have fun up there.  The local area warden lives on that road about a half mile from the pond if you see anything going on there that is out of whack. 

If you want to talk to me about the spot you shot your first coyote, and why the landowner posted it, give me a call.   We can discuss that one off the board.   

The Dork

THO Game Calls

And my apologies to you Mike and your bud for posting the part of this post that refers to the pond.   I made the first blunder on this one and I am sorry I did it, and then posted about it later. 

Just another lesson learned.

THe Dork

golfertrout

being public land its hard to say, i would not want a buddy hunting  on my land that i found and researched, but if was me and a buddy took me to public land i would not go without him. Lets say i drove 15 miles to get to the public hunting spot and called for a while and never heard a thing only to find out my buddy was there the night before or earlier that day and hunted. That would be a waste of my time and a waste of my gas.

Jimmie in Ky

I wouldn't worry about it Al . There are several who post to this board that hunt the same areas I do . They call a few and I call a few even after I find out they have already called th area. Your style of calling and or the methods you use won't be the same as thiers and possibly more productive . Jimmie

browning204

Thing is Jimmy, the spot that you saw in the pics of the NH board. I have NO IDEA where that is. Al told me about it and another member knew where it was. So to help me, he posted it on the NH forum.

browning204

Quote from: THO Game Calls on August 15, 2008, 10:33:39 AM

I have been back there twice MAYBE three times with out Al. And can't remember the last time I have been there. I has been a while for sure!!

It's OK that is a huge area, if he don't want me in that section and I have to hunt there, I will go to another part. No big deal really.

golfertrout

hmmmm being public land like i said before is a little different but i still believe your bubby should not go in without telling you so you dont waste your time and gas getting to the already called spot.

Uncle Jay

And what if they not only took other people but took pictures and announced the locations on the internet? as what has recently happened to me by someone.

Yeah, it's a pisser and since it is public land I suppose it's my fault for trusting someone.
It all goes back to... Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
Uncle Jay

golfertrout

securpro

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro