• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Some LBL Pics

Started by KySongDog, September 03, 2008, 07:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Me and the wife made a trip down to the LBL Monday and toured the Nature Center, Old Homplace and Elk habitat area.   Took a few pics and thought y'all might like to see them.  It was very hot (about 95 degrees).  

This is a pic of a bedded bull elk.  My wife (eagle eyes) spotted it in the grass about 200-300 yards out.  I almost never found it until I got out the bino's.  

Here is a turtle and owl

Here is a pic of the Old Homeplace.  It is period correct for 1850 and has re-enactors on hand doing daily chores and explaining how life really was in that time period.  If you are ever at the LBL and want some things to do, these attractions are worth visiting.

Also saw a boat load of turkeys and various small varmits running around.    After the sun went down I tried a few spots to locate some yotes but got no response except for the skeeters which tried to eat me alive.    :wink:  If I had waited till about midnight or when it got cooler I feel like I might have done better.   We were hot and tired and decided to call it a day.    :whew:

Hawks Feather

Neat pics.  When I first glanced at the Elk I thought that it was in snow with only the antlers sticking out.   :shck:

Jerry

FinsnFur

yeah cool pics...I like your camera.

But   :confused:  a boat load of Turkeys? Were they fishing..or?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Were they fishin or what... :nono: Poor simple Jimbo :laf:
I hope ya found me a good spot to hunt Semp...... :laf: Nice pics sounds like a good time.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Lemmee see....boat load....... in Kaintuckee speak that means a BIG BUNCH....   :roflmao:

I was using a Canon S3 with 12x optical zoom and 48x digital zoom.  That elk antler pic was taken at 48x and that's why it looks grainy and sorta washed out.  It was the best I could do.  At 12x optical I could barely see the horns in that deep grass.  Same for the turtle pic.

I am not a good picture taker.  This camera has got lots of dials and menus that are way above my pay grade.   :biggrin:

securpro

Nice....It's a good trip from the nature center to the homeplace but well worth the drive. I took the family on the same last year, think the kids liked the home place most of all. Good pic of the Elk , I tried to get some pics of them but they were in the treeline bout twenty yards and when I got out to take the pics ole smokey the ranger didnt quite approve  :shrug: oh well. Looks like you had a great time too.... :yoyo:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Bopeye

Those are some cool pics. What kind of camera phone do you use?  :wo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Bopeye on September 03, 2008, 10:05:01 PM

I think it is the old one you got rid of.   :biggrin:

KySongDog

Quote from: Hawks Feather on September 03, 2008, 11:11:00 PM
Quote from: Bopeye on September 03, 2008, 10:05:01 PM

I think it is the old one you got rid of.   :biggrin:

Quote from: Semp on September 03, 2008, 08:55:03 PM
I was using a Canon S3 with 12x optical zoom and 48x digital zoom.  That elk antler pic was taken at 48x and that's why it looks grainy and sorta washed out.  It was the best I could do.  At 12x optical I could barely see the horns in that deep grass.  Same for the turtle pic.

I am not a good picture taker.  This camera has got lots of dials and menus that are way above my pay grade.   :biggrin:

FinsnFur

He never was a good reader Semp...dont tease him.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Dad, I think they were wonderful pictures. I just get ragged so much for using my phone I thought I would share the wealth.  :laf:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Bopeye on September 04, 2008, 06:27:37 AM
I just get ragged so much for using my phone I thought I would share the wealth.  :laf:

I don't remember this EVER happening here.  It must have been on some other site.     ;yes;

Jerry

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 04, 2008, 05:29:23 AM
He never was a good reader Semp...dont tease him.

But that's what makes FnF so much fun.   :biggrin:  As long as everybodys got Bop to pick on I figure I am safe.   :roflmao:

Bopeye

Safe from everyone but BOP!!!  :eyebrownod: