• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Canadian update

Started by pitw, September 06, 2008, 07:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

The crows are flocking up here big time now and I have seen 3 flocks of over 1000 birds today [more than I saw the last three years].  The speckle bellies are starting to move down but the snows and Canada's are not yet.  Ducks have not yet started field wrecking but will shortly.  Froze here last night for the first time this year and that usually signals that it's time to head south for our feathered friends.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Coulter

We're waiting patiently to wlecome our feathered friends :eyebrow: Looking forward to their arrival, thanks for the update.

Steve

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on September 06, 2008, 07:50:30 PM
Froze here last night for the first time this year.

I like the 66 degree temps that I have here right now much better.    :biggrin:

Jerry

FinsnFur

I'm getting the feeling were gonna be in for a helluva winter.
I'm especially concerned with the fuel prices and heating costs
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Woods free for the picking around here  and dog sleds don't take a lot of fuel :roflmao:.

FinsnFur

yeah if I lived there, anything else would be unheard of. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Pitw, thanks for the info, keep us updated please  :yoyo:  I took the entire first week of the early season off in October, I'm hoping it gets colder right before it starts  :nono:  Just a little  :sneer: 

pitw

Well I was over to Regina on Sunday and back Tuesday.  Saw 11 dead racoons on the highway and the Canada gesse, speckle bellies and ducks are wreaking havoc north and east of Moose Jaw.   The huge flocks don't appear to be down yet but I have noticed a lot of new birds around here.

Silencer

Did it drop near or below freezing ?  with the winds from the hurricane and the full moon I've been seeing high flying migrators.

pitw

Some area's got frost but it is nice harvest weather right now.  The migratory bird's are really moving now.

pitw

Sandhill cranes are coming down now in larger numbers.  Snow's and blues are down.  Remember to read your regulations if you hunt out of your area as some loser over on another site is showing how he shot coyotes in Saskatchewan and only Saskatchewan Resident's can shoot/trap coyotes.

Silencer

Wish we could hunt sandhills, I've wacthed videos of guys huntin them, they make a good "thud" when hittin the ground.

Thanks again for the update  :yoyo:

pitw

I cannot hunt them either.  37 whooping cranes keep us from hunting the sandhills.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11