• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Squirrel Call

Started by blacky, September 20, 2008, 09:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacky

Jim, I had this one here on my desk waiting for a customer to pick it up. This one is made from zebrawood and I have them in other woods as well.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

FinsnFur

I'd like to buy one from ya Gene. Show us what ya got :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Jimbo dost thou hunteth thee squarrel?...another beautiful day here in NH...Im gettin ready to head out after some more bushy tails :wink:

FinsnFur

Squirrel hunting is kinda my opener for the season, Nasty~
It weans me from the fishing season and gets me into the state of mind needed to head after the yotes.

Sometimes this time of year, I find myself wondering aimlessly around the driveway out here with a pole in one hand and a rifle in the other. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

blacky

Jim , I have the squirrel calls in walnut, maple, purpleheart and maybe another wood ot two. Later this week I will have some in canary, sassafras and bubinga.

The cost is $10 each plus $5.50 priority mail shipping.  I accept paypal or check and money orders.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

John_NY

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 21, 2008, 12:36:20 PM

Sometimes this time of year, I find myself wondering aimlessly around the driveway out here with a pole in one hand and a rifle in the other. :doh2:

That was funny.

Gene nice looking call. Nice price also.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

FinsnFur

You gonna post some pics of them Gene?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

Post 'em up as I'm interested in one myself.

blacky

Here are the 6 calls I have available right now but as I said later this week I will have them in bubinga, canary and sassafras.
These are top l-r - birdseye maple, osage orange, walnut and on the bottom l-r purpleheart, rosewood and zebrawood.

The birdseye maple and zebrawood have been sold.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

FOsteology

I'll take the birdseye maple and zebrawood. Shoot me a PM with your mailing info. and I'll get funds out to you in tomorrows mail.

FinsnFur

I'll take the osange orange :eyebrow:

Aint ya, I say aint ya glad ya posted em now :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

blacky

Yea Jim, i am glad i posted them  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Hawks Feather

Blacky,

I don't have one of your calls yet, so send me info on how you want paid for the Rosewood.

Jerry

blacky

Jerry, I sent you a PM with the information you wanted.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Hawks Feather

The call arrived today and you did a nice job on it.  I took it out of the package and tried it in the dining room, but no squirrel showed up.  (Well, maybe the big one holding the call, but that didn't count.)  I may need to take it to the woods and try again.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Got mine also :yoyo: :yoyo: Very nice Gene.

I only got one gripe, and it's nothing major. And that is that the bellow doesn't fit the call body very well. It fits, but it likes to fall off.
Don't be offended, just being honest. No canned praise. :wink:
I'm going to glue it on, and all will be fine.

Now, with that said, I need to also mention that I really like the way you have these things set up. I've had squirrel calls before that worked just the opposite way of what you got going here. I dont know if this is your idea or if they are all suppose to be this way.
I'm talking about how you have the bellow on the opposite end of the call so that it pulls air through the reed instead of pushing air into the reed. I think it sounds 100% better your way, and offers a whole lot more control of the sound.

Thanks again for the opportunity, and I can guarantee there'll be some tree rats shot over this new toy :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

I'll need to make a trip over to the Post Office and see if my two examples arrived.  :biggrin:

blacky

Guys, I make the call so that the bellows will slip on and off easy because with the bellows off you can blow into the other end of the call and make the rabbit in distress sound. I maybe should have mentioned that in my post.

Jim, it could be I got yours a little loose. I hope you can work with it but if not, let me know and I will send you another call at no expense to you.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

coyote101

Blacky,

Have you finished the canary, sassafras and bubinga calls?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

blacky

Yes coyote I have. I was making those for a show I did this past weekend so I haven't been here to post anymore until this morning.
I got some good comments on the squirrel calls during the show and even sold a few.   :biggrin:
www.genesturkeycalls.com