• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Giant West KY Land Auction

Started by KySongDog, September 27, 2008, 11:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Wow!  I'm hoping my lottery ticket is a winner.  I need some money!  This is some of the best hunting land in the country for deer and turkey.  Its about 50 miles from me.  Alcoa owned it for many years and then Kimball bought it.  Hunting has been very restricted for at least 20-30 years.  Hunts on this land have been featured on such programs as Realtree Monster Bucks, Bass Pro Outdoor World, Tales of the Hunt, Petersens Hunting, Game Trails and others.

11,759 acres up for grabs.   :shck:

http://kimball.schraderauction.com/nov8/

BigB

That is some gorgeous territory.  I actually rode through that area on the harley this summer when I was down at the Little Sturgis Rally.  I bet some of the tracts of land go for a pretty penny to those big name hunting outfits.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

pitw

How is it that you are allowed to sell hunting lease's?
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Quote from: pitw on September 27, 2008, 05:11:46 PM
How is it that you are allowed to sell hunting lease's?

They are not selling hunting lease's.  They are selling the land. 

pitw

Thank's for clarifying that for me.  Let us know what it sell's for.  Good land for grain farming here is $1,000+/acre and excellent hunting land $600+/acre.
I say what I think not think what I say.

BigB

Quote from: pitw on September 27, 2008, 06:05:42 PM
Thank's for clarifying that for me.  Let us know what it sell's for.  Good land for grain farming here is $1,000+/acre and excellent hunting land $600+/acre.

Hunting ground around me is $3500+ an acre.  That's hard to cough up that much money to hunt.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

KySongDog

Before the financial meltdown on Wall Street, I would have expected that ground to go very high.  It is excellent farming soil and has 24 million board feet of timber on it. 

With everything in such turmoil, I don't know what it will sell for.   Even if it was dirt cheap, I still need a winning lottery ticket to buy any of it.  :sad:

NASA

Quote from: Semp on September 27, 2008, 08:57:24 PM
Before the financial meltdown on Wall Street, I would have expected that ground to go very high.  It is excellent farming soil and has 24 million board feet of timber on it. 

With everything in such turmoil, I don't know what it will sell for.   Even if it was dirt cheap, I still need a winning lottery ticket to buy any of it. 

The term "dirt cheap" doesn't mean what it used to 50 years ago.   Actually, dirt is unrealistically expensive.  I've been looking around to buy  a block of 4 (adjoining) sections here in CO for years.  Even with the housing market decline, I can't find a deal that I can afford.   :sad: