• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

If you could have only one coyote rifle........

Started by KySongDog, October 23, 2008, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

what would it be?

This topic is running on another board (not THAT board  :biggrin:) but it mainly has western hunters responding.  I was wondering what you eastern hunters would say.   :wo:

weedwalker

I'd like to have one of those Savage Predators in .22-250

possumal

I couldn't ask a rifle to do more than my Browning Abolt 243 with BOSS.  It is poison to coyotes and a paper puncher too. Having a top notch scope is important too, especially in low light.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

centerfire_223

It would have to be my Bakail .223/12 ga. Best eastern gun I have found yet.  I have the best of both worlds and don't have to carry two different guns.  :yoyo

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

bigben

what he said /\ /\

combo gun here same make and model
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

LORDDAL

I like what centerfire put now that will put the hurt on em. but since I dont own anything like that for me It would have to be the ever popular BLACK RIFLE yep you guessed it a good ole 5.56 bushmaster ar-15 if Im going to send some 5.56 at a Yote I want him backed up by 29 buddies but thats just because I have yet to get a 100rnd drum for my ar yet  :eyebrow: :biggrin: :yoyo:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I'm going to have to say a stainless Ruger M77 MarkII 22-250 with a feather touch Timney trigger, and nice Boyds thumbhole stock, topped off with a illuminated reticule Barska 3-12X50 :yoyo:

Oh wait  :doh2: I already got one :eyebrow: 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

MI VHNTR

Here's the rifle that I built just for predator hunting.  It has a 16" match grade LW barrel and wears a Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9x40 scope now.  MI VHNTR

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

LORDDAL

:yoyo: score 2 for the black rifle awsome pic thats how I like my Yotes good n tired dead tired that is . got a 16 " Bull barrel on my Bushy carbine talk about a loud litte sucker
Quote from: FinsnFur on October 23, 2008, 07:58:23 PM
I'm going to have to say a stainless Ruger M77 MarkII 22-250 with a feather touch Timney trigger, and nice Boyds thumbhole stock, topped off with a illuminated reticule Barska 3-12X50 :yoyo:

Oh wait  :doh2: I already got one :eyebrow: 

that sounds like a pretty nice set up Jim since you already got one if you lay hands on a second one you could always send it My way  :biggrin: I volunteer to do the review for ya  :roflmao:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

alscalls

I shoot a ruger m77 with a bull barrell and a Timney trigger set at 1 lb. Leupold 6.5-20 fine crosshairs. weighs 14 1/2 pounds with the bi pod.
I want an Ar 15 in 223
I use a Moss. 835 12 ga. shotgun  for night hunting and have seen many days I wished I had it.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Lay hands on a second one Lordal? I had to create this one :eyebrow: :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

LORDDAL

A guy can always dream cant he Jim  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

KySongDog

I probably should have said to state what caliber your one coyote gun would be.   :doh2:  Most of those that responded I can figure out though.

I'm using a Savage .243 w/accu trigger I picked up about a year and a half ago.  I really like this gun.  I've shot a few deer with it but no coyotes yet. 

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

bigben

how has your barska been jim?  I absolutly hated mine and probably will never buy one again.  but it seems a few good ones are out there.  mine kept foggin up from the inside. 

my combo gun is topped off with a simmons turkey scope with a ill reticle. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Never had any problems Ben. Actually looking at getting another for a different rifle
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Coulter

Hey Weedwalker...like this one in .22-250 :biggrin:

I also have a Ruger No.1  in .22-250 but don't have a pic handy for it or the NE arms .223 or the Remington 870 Express or :innocentwhistle:

Steve

vvarmitr

This is a sick thread Semp!  :doh2:
Only one gun for coyote hunting?   :huh:
It should be "If you could only have one 30 gun safe full of guns for coyotes what would they be?"  ;yes;  Now there is a thread that would take some real thought.  :wink:

Why do think I drive a 4X4 Suburban for hunting?  So I can take all the guns, ammo, & camo to meet each situation.  :eyebrow:

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

CCP

AR 15 or the AR15  if I could only pick one of the two it would be the AR15 :eyebrow:

I was a big bolt fan for most of my life and also used the savage 24f over and under(22hornet 12Gaa) for turkey's. I then started using the savage 24 for coyotes and then went to Thompson pistol's. I then wanted to get away from the single shots. Looked at bolt guns again but after talking to Brent at the LBL and holding his AR I started looking into them. I got one and have not looked back since.

Most of my coyote  hunting and shots are from 10 to 70 yards and sometimes have multiple targets which = fast shooting. So based on the type hunting I do I would have to stay with the AR platform.
AR 15 final answer! Caliber of choice so far has been the 300 whisper but looking into the 6.8 for a factory chambering.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net