• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

WV Whtetail gun season begins . . .

Started by Frogman, November 23, 2008, 05:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I'm planning on being in my stand tomorrow morning around 5:00 AM.  The WV gun season opens tomorrow Nov. 24.  Good luck to all the WV F&Fers on here.     You better get him before 10:00 AM because it's supposed to start raining about then.  Only Frogs are comfortable in the rain, ahh and the mud!! 

Shoot straight, be careful, have a great and succesful season!!  Post pics!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

Good luck fellas. I hope you slay 'em. Have fun, but be careful out there.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

alscalls

I gotta work......one of my treestands has a roof and heat :sad:
I got someone watching the place for me
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

How long is your season?
That kinda stinks it opens on a Monday.
Scott

Frogman

Our gun buck season is two weeks.  We do not have Sunday hunting so season always begins on the Monday before Thanksgiving.  We then have additional doe and muzzleloader seasons that extend the time we can hunt.

Jim

possumal

A hearty ribot to you, Froggie.  Hope you bag a big'un.  :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

iahntr

Quote from: Frogman on November 23, 2008, 06:51:33 PM
Our gun buck season is two weeks.  We do not have Sunday hunting so season always begins on the Monday before Thanksgiving.  We then have additional doe and muzzleloader seasons that extend the time we can hunt.

Jim
Gotcha. That ain't so bad then. Our shotgun season is broke into 2 seasons, The first one goes Sat. thru Wed. then second season starts on the next Sat. and goes for two weeks.
Good luck, have a safe hunt.
Scott
Scott

KySongDog

Good luck to all of the West-By-Gawd-Virginny FnFer's !   :yoyo:

Frogman

I got in my stand at just a little after 5:00 AM this morning 11/4/08.  I heard something walking in the leaves not long after I got in the stand.  Still too dark to see.  The moon was shinning and the stars were out.  By sunrise we had some clouds.  By 7:30 it started sprinkling.  The rain turned to ice on my gun barrel.  It's rained all day since then.  By 9:30 AM I was soaked and gave up and went back to the truck.  Even Frogs know when to come in out of the rain!!  Didn't see a deer.  Maybe it will be better tomorrow!

Jim

KySongDog

Quote from: Frogman on November 24, 2008, 06:08:14 PM
I got in my stand at just a little after 5:00 AM this morning 11/4/08. 

November 4!!!  No wonder ya didn't see any deers.  You is huntin' out of season!!   :roflmao:

alscalls

:roflmao: :laf: :roflmao:.........Old wet frogs are just slow :doh2: Prolly took him from then till today to find his stand..... :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :laf:
AL

possumal

Don't let them get to you, Froggie. Most of your brothers, sisters, cousins, etc. are hibernating under the ice in the ponds and creeks. At least you're still on top of the ground.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Frogman

11/24/08,
   You guys knew what I meant!!  Webbed fingers make it hard to type sometimes.  Gimme a break here, OK??

Jim

KySongDog

Webbed fingers........   :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

alscalls

No Kills yet????.......... :wo: I guess I will have to step up to the plate again Thurs. :biggrin:
AL

coyote101

Quote from: Frogman on November 25, 2008, 07:46:48 AM
11/24/08,
   Webbed fingers make it hard to type sometimes. 

Jim

Is that a frog thing or a WV thing?  :shrug: :shrug:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

wv_yoter

Jim, this is the buck the next door neighbor killed on my dad's land. It measured 19 1/2" inside.

Jason

Frogman

Wow!
   That's a dandy Jason, did you do any good??

Jim

alscalls

Nice! :yoyo: :yoyo:
I never got the chance this year oh well I guess there still growing.........Real nice buck :congrats:
AL

wv_yoter

Jim, I only got the first day off and didn't do any good.
Jason