• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Been one of those days.

Started by yucca, November 23, 2008, 07:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yucca

You know the ones. The coyotes end up getting the best of you.

On the second stand, our  most  seasoned caller missed.  It was about one hundred yards out.  One coyote called in. One coyote left intact.

The next half dozen stands were dry. At about 10:30 or so we started to get into some coyotes.

We let one coyote come into about 60 yards in hopes of getting one into shotgun range. He never did get close enough. The apprentice did the right thing by not taking a long shotgun shot. Clair and I had at least three chances to take it out with a rifle shot but we just could not pull it off.
Coyote ended up walking in and walking out alive with NO shots fired.

Next stand we had one come into about 250 yards and it got our wind and left out at about 450 yards. I got it to stop for a few moments by changing sounds. Just to far a shot to even attempt.

Next I took a shot at a coyote at 100 yards and missed.

On the 12th and final stand we had a double only one showed for a shot. Clair ended up taking that one out to prevent us from getting skunked.

Tally: 12 stands made. 6 coyotes seen. 3 coyotes shot at with 1 kill.

Here is Clair with the coyote that saved our hunt:

It was a pretty dark coyote.

Frogman

Hey,
      You got fur down.  We are lucky here to just get one coyote in where we can see it.  Sounds like a good hunt to me.  Thanks for the story and photos!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

Thank's for the story and pic's.  Glad you got one as I've had the same type except nada.  Alway's seam's to happen right after a bit of bragging took place.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Nice looking harvest. At least the trip wasn't a total wash.

I see ya brought your Ho along  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

Thanks for bringing us the story :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 23, 2008, 09:33:29 PM
I see ya brought your Ho along  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:@Jimbo.hoes

Sounds like WV hunting accept for seeing and killing coyotes.....Congrats on what sounds like a great day out. :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

You guys saw more coyotes today than I've seen all year! Sounds like a good day to me. Congratulations.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

golfertrout

good hunt          must be nice to hunt where coyotes are easy pickens.  they are alot tougher here in the east