• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Toast anyone ?

Started by Silencer, December 06, 2008, 07:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Morning started out as usual, 5 am I performed my job as the toast man...

First few drives put out lots, I MEAN LOTS OF GROUSE !!!  I WAS IN HEAVEAN !!!  1 dozen ruffed flew above my head, wish I had the 1187 !!!!!
Next couple drives put out some deer w/out any shooting.   Then came lunch  :laf:

After lunch everyone went out to sit till dark.   Here's my oldest and I, we got the stand of all stands for the afternoon.  I'm glad they gave us this stand, it was very cold. 

Here's what we're looking at

Silencer

We were'nt there 2 minutes and the boy hears something coming.  I just got done taking the pic above and still had the camera in hand when she came through.  I could have filmed the entire thing without thinking.

End result :

Silencer

Got back to camp and 2 of the other younger boys scored as well....

here's the boys cousin with his first deer, I'm proud of them all  :yoyo:

Silencer

I knew today would be a great day, now its time for us adults.  I only have 1 more day to hunt, and then its going to be cut short because the youngest is in a play with the lead role as Johnny Appleseed.
After his play next Wed I plan on filling my tag, but anyhow, 14 degree with the worst crunchy snow I've ever heard, we had a blast today. 

Great time out, I never even lifted my rifle AGAIN  :hahaha:  :biggrin: 

vvarmitr

:holdon: Did you say you had lots of Grouse?  :shck:           :biggrin:

vvarmitr

Oh, BTW great job on the deer guys!  :congrats:
:laf:

Silencer

Yea Grouse during deer season.   No worries, they open back up the 26th and I'll be back there for sure with the dog.

pitw

Right on :yoyo:   look's like it was a blast even with the burnt toast.  Tell the youngun's congrat's for me and all of you should feel proud as you deserve too.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

Silencer

Quoteeven with the burnt toast
lmao how'd ya guess

I did burn quite a few this mornin, the genny pull cord broke and we were cooking by lanterns  :nono:

pitw

Quote from: Silencer on December 06, 2008, 07:58:59 PM
Quoteeven with the burnt toast
lmao how'd ya guess

I think maybe that black part was a clue :innocentwhistle:

coyote101

Way to go Vic.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations to the kids.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

That's what it's all about  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Very nice, and congrats to you all.  :congrats: :congrats:
Scott

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

Nice shooting there guys!!  You done good.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Very nice.
Looks like it made for some comfy hunting for the boys :yoyo: And they both look proud as peacocks, as is deserved.
Thanks for bringing us the pics.

By the way, tell that boy of yours, those deer drag a whole lot easier when you pull them WITH the grain of the hair. :laf: :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Way to go guys!  Some big smiles there.

Jim, some lessons are best learned the hard way. LOL!  Great hunt fellas!

SCcoyotehunter

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 07, 2008, 12:26:41 AM
Very nice.
Looks like it made for some comfy hunting for the boys :yoyo: And they both look proud as peacocks, as is deserved.
Thanks for bringing us the pics.

By the way, tell that boy of yours, those deer drag a whole lot easier when you pull them WITH the grain of the hair. :laf: :wink:

Jim I got that advice 35 year's ago as a buddy and I had pulled a deer about a half mile this old fart said the same thing "drag it by the head it's easier".  We moved the rope and after 15 minute's my bud said "Wow was he smart this is way easier".  To which I replied "He wasn't very smart cause we are right back where you shot it". :argh:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

Outstanding. Congrats to young men!