• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

were would you go in the west to hunt yotes

Started by topdawg, January 05, 2009, 09:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

i  have been invited to go out to woyoming yote hunting. All i will have to pay for is food and gas, the logging is free.  Just wondering were everyone would go if they could go out west hunting.  :shrug:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

pitw

This isn't going to help you much but I consider myself as part of everyone, So if I were going west it would be about 1/2 a mile from my house.
I say what I think not think what I say.

topdawg

my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

yucca

I would do it. As long as it not to windy when you go you will have fun.

nor-cal yote

hands down central Montana. Its where I started hunting coyotes. I love it up there. Being in California now kinda sucks, I run into more people while calling, but I still have fun. You cant trap out here except cage trap, 4 of my traps were destroyed 2 years ago, boy I miss Montana.
never yell whoa in a horse race

pitw

topdawg

Yotehntr

Montana, sounds like it'll be a blast! I've gone to Kansas and Oklahoma, had a blast there. Planning on trying Texas next time.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

pitw

This year they are smaller than average that i'm catching/shooting.  Male adult's 35lb and female adult's 31.  Biggest male [Bob caught] 46lbs biggest female 39 lb's.   

nor-cal yote

I worked on a ranch in central Montana (Judith Gap) for about 7 years, its where I started calling coyotes as part of my job. 59,000 acres. When I travel back to visit my folks and daughter I always stop in at the ranch, and do a little calling. Did not make it home this year :pout:. I have also had good luck in Nevada, I try to make it over there once a year.
never yell whoa in a horse race

FinsnFur

Never been there myself, but beside any advice here, I'd try to talk to some locals when I got out there too.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com