• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My shooting confidence is shot.

Started by yucca, January 11, 2009, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yucca

I had bicep surgery a few weeks ago.  I am still very weak in my left arm. I have started to get out and hunt again. I missed three fairly easy shots last thursday. They were the only coyotes we called in that day. Saturday I called in a coyote on the first stand. I was hand calling. I picked the coyote up at about 400 yards out. It took him a couple of minutes to get to within 50 yards and I just could not get him to stop. He was not moving all that fast I could have picked up an shot him but my confidance seems to be really shot.

I ended up calling in 2 more coyotes in the next 2 stands and I was glad my calling partners got the shots. Has anybody had a slump were they could not make a shot? I need to get over it.

Anyway we decided to put the ecaller away for the day in a pretty hard called area and were able to call in coyotes in the first 3 stands.

Here are the two we got:

pitw

yucca a slump is only there, that so when you are not in one it feel's so good :yoyo:.  I've been in slump's like yours and they hurt just like any other shot to the ego, but it'll end.  Sounds to me that you had all the ingreient's of a great hunt, ie; you got out and got some new experiences to share :bowingsmilie:.  Thanks for the pics and story.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

Glad ya got out.......Been to the range?  I think you will be fine ,It happens Hang in there!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

vvarmitr

Confidence is a top priority in good shooting. One of the essentials.  Just having surgery doesn't help & gives you an excuse. Ya need to get to the range & bury your @$$ in brass. Learn to overcome the limitations your left arm has & rebuild your confidence.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Oh yeah, I had a couple of those nights. To make it even better I was being filmed :doh2: :doh2:

Looks like you made out OK though :yoyo:
Your not going to let the surgery keep you down :nono: I know you too well.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

yucca

Well back out after it this am. First stand the coyote in the photo popped up on a knoll about 120 yds out. He just dissapeared while we were trying to move for a shot. I spotted him about 350 yds out trying to circle. Something made him turn around and head out. But he decided to stop and my calling partner put him down with a 356 yard shot.

We were able to get one other coyote to answer the call but he did not want to come in close enough for a shot.

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That blue haze and that bottle of beer is some serious commercial material! :biggrin:

Ahhhhhhhh man I love it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Good luck Yucca. Like VV said, get some range time. It's a good excuse to burn some ammo anyway.

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI