• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Beaver pond

Started by coyote101, January 17, 2009, 10:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

There are only two weeks left in the bobcat season in Kentucky so I went out this morning to see if I could call one in. I went back to a farm where I had called one this past spring after the close of the season. It was about 10o and windy this morning, with the wind out of the southwest. Pretty cold, but not as bad as what some of you guys have been dealing with.

I came to a small pond on the place and saw where a beaver had really been working the area. I got sidetracked a bit by that and set up on the north side of the pond for about an hour hoping to see the beaver. I never did, and I eventually called a bit, but nothing showed. I tried one other location with no luck and called it a day. No critters, but another great day to be out!

Pat

The beaver has really been working this pond

Looking back across the pond

I was set up at the green dot on the north side of the pond. The yellow dot is where I called a big bobcat this past spring.
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Tikaani

Pat,

I have no intention of hijacking your thread, but the pictures of the trees brought down by the beavers reminded me of a picture I took a couple of springs ago.  You apparently have some eager beavers, the one I found obviously had too much time on his hands.

John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FinsnFur

:roflmao: @ Tikanni

Hey Pat, what kind of sounds do you use to call a beaver?

I'm going to regret asking that, aint I? :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

Assorted cat calls, whistles and whoops.  More complex sounds include, "hey baby, how are you doin, can I buy you a drink or ten"  or "hey good lookin you accept checks" and when any of these sounds fail, you can use my favorite, "hey babe, I'm rich"

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

KySongDog

Did ya ever notice how pretty them 'ol beavers get around closing time.  :biggrin:

alscalls

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Nice pics Pat
I believe I would try the corner below where you put the green arrow next time. :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

SCcoyotehunter

Be careful, those beavers can get you in a lot of trouble!!! :roflmao:

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 17, 2009, 11:45:11 PM
Hey Pat, what kind of sounds do you use to call a beaver?

Jim,

I still have the one I trapped in 1981 so I don't try to call them anymore.  :noway: I'm afraid it would be too dangerous to my health. Both physically and monetarily! I just thought it would be nice to just look at one in the wild. Probably not though, I don't know what I 'd do if I saw one. At my age, at 10o with a fifteen knot wind and all the clothes I had on, I doubt the old beaver gun would even clear the holster! :rolleye:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

vvarmitr

Quote from: coyote101 on January 18, 2009, 08:23:14 AM
I doubt the old beaver gun would even clear the holster! :rolleye:
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:   I'm still laughing!

FinsnFur

ROFLMAO! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

I know I read the post and even looked at the pictures but after seeing this

QuoteI doubt the old beaver gun would even clear the holster!

I forgot what the original post was about. :doh2: I am still laughing as I post this. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I will have to get my breath back and re-read the origanal post before I can reply to it.

:roflmao: :roflmao:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

msmith

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI