• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bobcat (pic's)

Started by CCP, December 03, 2006, 10:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

These pic's were sent to me by a member here on the board. I believe this bobcat weighed 30LBS even. It was a good story that came with it and was killed by a not so friendly caliber. The member that sent me these pic's is a very good caller and hunter but does not say much on the subject.

I made this post to draw him out and tell us the story on this great kill. Yes I'am jealous I havent killed a Bobcat in the last 2 years.

I know this member to have a new short trac 243 and is always a pleasure to talk to, he has even taught me a thing or two about LBL hunting. So come on out and give us some details.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jeb

Nice cat!! That is a large cat, did he call this one in ?  Lets hear the story !!!!  Congrats !
                       Jeb

FinsnFur

Yeah, c'mon out and give us the details Mallardsr  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

That is a big cat.  Looks nice too.  Congrats on that one!

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Jimmie in Ky

I am with you Rich, I think he needs a big raspberry Thhhhhhhhhh!

Congrats Mallard  :eyebrownod:Jimmie

Mallardsr

Well I missed this some how  :confused: Saturday was a cold day . I had been talked into a deer hunt Friday night and reluctantly drug myself from bed. We got to camp and were sitting in the dark waiting for some daylight(any excuse not to get out of the warm truck) and I told my buddy I wasnt sitting in a stand all morning as cold as it was. So we end up making a few sets. Had one of those light and variable winds (just got to love that) . First two were a zero and with the changing winds had give up hope on a yote . Third set in hardwoods next to a 7 year old pine flat and rolling creek gave promise for a cat so what the heck right ? Any port in a storm. Well ,Im trying to make a highpitch distress with the green Lil dog and maybe  ten minutes in a hawk shows up. This part I see .What I cant see is a chipmunk. The hawk swoops down and gets the chipmunk . I hear the chipmunk distress. The rest I did not see. Apparently the cat was locked up close. When the hawk came down the cat came in. The cat was never heard in dry leaves but was seen leaving the scene at about 40 yards. The shot scared me. Wasnt expecting it. It was a bang flop at 75 yards with a 7MM.     RP

keekee

Very nice Kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrads! :eyebrownod:

Brent

CCP

I find myself going back to these pic's been two years since I killed a bobcat. Maybe this will get me more motivated.

Thanks for the pic's and GREAT JOB you guy's :yoyo: :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

paint

FinsnFur

Quote from: Mallardsr on December 06, 2006, 08:18:16 PM

The hawk swoops down and gets the chipmunk . I hear the chipmunk distress. 

Any chance we could get a reinactment of that sound from ya ?  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Isn't a 7mm a little light for cats?  I have always heard that you want at least a .338 mag for them.   :laf:

Nice cat.

Jerry

Brad H

I didn't see this one earlier.

Nice Cat!

Brad

Jeb

Quote from: CCP on December 06, 2006, 08:57:23 PM

I find myself going back to these pic's been two years since I killed a bobcat.

I'm working on that Rich !!!  :biggrin:
       Jim

Mallardsr

My friend got his bobcat back from the taxi" and I wanted to share the pic with yall. The mount was entered in a show and won first place. It was a small local show. The biggest complaint my friend had was the form wasnt big enough. What are yalls thoughts?  RP

Dogwood Creek

Nuttin too small bout that one. :yoyo: Friggin beautiful mount too.  I would have an ear to ear perma-grin over a dandy like that. :biggrin: Must be time for a trip to TX! I hear that is the place to get "caty".

rwehuntn

I had a bobcat mount done a few years ago, and thought the same thing when I got it back. I think it is just the way the forms are made. That is a nice mount and a good looking cat. I have not seen one with that color to it.

rwehuntn

HaMeR

Well I think it's a purdy cool lookin mount myself. I didn't realize their noses were that pink. I thought they were darker. :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

I think it looks good Reg. Cat's are tough to mount and even harder to photograph when they are done. But it's pretty clear whoever did both here had nooooooo problems what so ever.
:yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

newbomb

Man would I love to have one of those some day!

GC

Quote from: HaMeR on June 10, 2007, 06:25:02 PM
Well I think it's a purdy cool lookin mount myself. I didn't realize their noses were that pink. I thought they were darker. :shrug:

Thirty pounds is a hog!  Nice mount too.  The nose color is probably enhanced by the flash or light from the picture.  Here's one, you can kinda see the nose coloration on it.  The day is dark cloudy with a snowy sky so maybe that is making mine look a little dark.  Course' that .243 didn't help it retain the natural color either!
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always RIGHT!"