• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

FIELD TESTING

Started by OKTrap, December 03, 2006, 10:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OKTrap

We will FIELD TEST for you.

We have a policy of not providing any product without having first tried and tested it ourselves.

Here is an opportunity for you to get your product (regardless of type) on the market. Send a working sample to the following:

OKTrap Supply
c/o Reginald Murray
19721 East 3rd Street
Tulsa, OK 74108

If you choose to send two samples, upon test completion of the first, the second sample will be offered in one of our Youth Contest, and you will be listed on the donators page of our website.

Once we have field tested your product, we will submit a new product report to our on line catalog, and we will also get in touch with you to discuss terms for providing your product to our customers.

Do this method work? ABSOLUTELY !!!

Here is an example: KB Manufacturing came out with a foothold trap and they sent a few samples out for testing. We tested the trap, providing feedback, reports and promoted the new product. KB Manufacturing soon found themselves 300 dozen on backorder for the 2006 year. I still do not now if they have been able to catch up. There are also request that they produce a 6.5" and 7.5" jaw spread.

Word of mouth is still the best promotion of an item ... it can make or break a product line. Get you product review now while it's free. In 2007 we will implement within our company a fee requirement for field testing.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email us at the following:

(918) 694-8190
oktrap1@cox.net

Thank you, and we look forward to reviewing your product and providing your line to our customers.

Reginald "OKTrap" Murray - Owner
OKTrap Supply & ADC
OFBA Director
19721 East 3rd Street
Tulsa, OK 74108
(918) 694-8190
http://oktrapsupply.com ~ On line Catalog
http://oktrap.proboards98.com/index.cgi ~ On line Forum
http://www.oktrapper.com ~ State Association Site

MattS

Your offer sounds great.  I am just a small time call maker and don't really sell because I don't have the time.  But I would like to donate a couple to your youth hunts.  I am not really concerned about any advertising right now but maybe in the future.  Let me know what you would be interested in for the kids.  Its all about the kids.  You guys can have one too.

Matt

OKTrap

MattS ... thank you for your offer. If you have something you wish to donate, please feel free to send to on to us. On the address ... instead of c/o Reginald Murray you can put c/o Kids Contest ... so we will know exactly what it is for.

We will still list you on the donators page of the site ... and if you send an extra for us ... we will still field test and review it for you if you want us to.

Thank you:

MattS

When do you need some stuff by?

Matt

OKTrap

OKTrap

Field testing with the Red River calls is COMPLETE ... and with good results. I have an inexperienced caller that went one weekend with it to see if his limited calling experience will bag him some cats and yotes. It did ... he got 3 cats and 5 yotes calling on the Red River for two shooters, himself and a friend.

What I have found thus far is as follows: good construction, a good tone and reed, decent pricing, did not "wet out" on the reed like a lot of other calls, reed did not warp laying on the truck dash through the cold weather and defroster. It is not of "wooden" construction, adn therefore will not crack over time like some wooden calls do that are in this price range. I like it , and would definitely recommend it to new callers looking to get into calling with limited funds for calls.

• Good quality & construction
  • Very reasonable price
  • Easy to use for both experienced and non-experienced callers
  • The exposed reed does not allow for wet-out very well, since it does not have a barrel to trap moisture and condensation
  • Holds up well when changing from field cold temperatures to vehicle dash defroster - no reed warping
  • Readily available supply from manufacturer

An overall very good product, dependable and cost effective.

Thank you for a good product Matt.

guywildstorm

email sent in regards to your offer to field test a product.

Thank you,

Guy
Clark's Custom Calls & Lanyards

OKTrap

Thank you, and we'll be looking for it.

OKTrap

We are in need of suppliers for good hand calls to add to our product line. Please contact me oktrap1@cox.net with your product information, supply availability, pricing, minimum purchase requirements.

For those whom we do not yet have the pleasure of field testing for ... we also still offer that option. You will receive an unbiased review about your calls. So if you might be ashamed of what you produce, we are probably not the ones you will want to review it ... because we will tell it like it is.

Thank you:

quackerstacker

trap what a great idea !

steve

ps
sorry ok couldnt resist

my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Todd Rahm

canine

OKtrap, your post from Jan. 10th, you saying that an inexperienced caller can buy one of these Red river calls and will have success?  :huh:

So, if I'm already a successful caller will it double my success?  :eyebrow:

<I have an inexperienced caller that went one weekend with it to see if his limited calling experience will bag him some cats and yotes. It did ... he got 3 cats and 5 yotes>

JD

quackerstacker

o

quackerstacker

o

quackerstacker

o

keekee

Steve,

We are looking into this now, feel assured I will find out whats going on. I see were you can and are upset trust me I'm not taking this lightly  but keep cool until its worked out please.

Brent

OKTrap

I don't know canine. I know that the guy who used the call ... told me what I said. I do not know who the other fella he took with him was. As far as I know, he could have been a master caller, or hunting behind a fence. All I know is that the guy that used the call, had no reason to lie, and has never done so to me before to my knowledge.

Steve ... I guess I owe you a public apology on here since I did indeed edit your post to be a lil more tasteful IMO. Even though what you typed was not slanderous, to me it was making fun of service that we provide for free, and that I take very seriously. We do not have to field test anything, or we could charge to do it. We simply offer the service to those who are trying to "Break Out" into the market as new manufacturers of anything hunting, trapping or fishing related.

Now you take THO calls, Keekee Custom Calls or the like. These are master makers in my opinion. They have excellent products with superior performance and quality. They do not need to have their items field tested ... and rightfully so. These are "KNOWN" makers. We try to offer a platform for the newcomers to gt to their level, and have an outlet for their product when bigger companies or corporations won't touch them due to being unknown.

However, if a smaller company such as mine, can test and provide a good product from these makers ... then word of mouth will get out on their product ... and maybe they'll get into the position where Bass Pro, WalMart, Cabala's or the like will want to carry their products.

Again, if I offended you by editing your post ... it was not my intent. I just found it distasteful that you would tread on my topic and make fun of me trying to help others out.

Thank you:

FinsnFur

OKtraps posting privileges only,  have been removed until after further review of this situation, and pending the outcome of said review.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ninthinning

Steve,
    If you'll PM me your address I would be glad to send you several calls for Collection testing.  Collection testing is a valuable resource and I suggest we all send Steve several calls to test.  Calls should look good, sound good, and above all else they should be expensive.
Thank you,
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

bearmanric

Steve may be you need to be spanked you been bad. :eyebrow:   i see you figured out who edited your post. :confused:. sending your call's out in a minute put a real cool Axis coaxer with it.  you behave now.   take care.  Rick