• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

YellowHammer are you serious?

Started by FinsnFur, February 20, 2009, 03:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

...or are you just THAT ignorant?

Several weeks ago I stumbled upon a thread over at Huntmasters where RagnCagn was rambling about PM's traffic stats, and some other garbage.

I couldn't just ignore it and browse on through, so I logged in and attempted to set him straight and end his misleading rantings. I think he finally gave up because he couldnt understand anything.

I'm not sure who taught these guys over there to read there web stats, but who ever it was has been grossly misinformed and therefore has passed the condition on to the monkeys over there.

Yellowhammers over there rambling about people spreading rumors that they have a gazzilion members but only a handful are active and he's trying to redirect their beliefs with some more unbelievable misconceptions he claims are his web stats. :roflmao:

I'm not sure hows he's coming up with the numbers and equations that he's coming up with, but I'm here to say the boy needs some serious education.

QuoteSo far, in Feb. we have had 11,529,425 hits
This is all pages combined Hamerhead, not how many people have came to your site. C'mon be serious a minute would ya?

QuoteIn January, there were 68,751 unique visitors
Ok, now I know your either lying or really have no idea what your doing when looking at your stats. :doh2: Especially when compared to February. :nono:

So seriously, are you making these numbers up or where are you getting them?
I'd like to know that if you really had 11,529,425 hits in the first 15 days of February why Alexa has your site down for a page ranking of 213,830? Something aint, I say something aint making sense lad. :laf:

QuoteSo, if someone tells you there are just a few people doing all the posting and looking, don't fall for it.
I think what you meant to say, is if someone tells you there are just a few people doing all the posting and looking, then they are a whole lot better at reading web stats then you are. :roflmao:

Oh and before I step off my soap box here's one more tidbit of information you might like. You wont understand it, you've already displayed that, but here it is.

Alexa computes traffic rankings globally by analyzing the Web usage
PM has a page ranking through Alexa of 213,830
Fins and Fur has a page ranking through Alexa of 1,453,477
:sneer:
Go figure eh?

Your stats theories and calculations have been hung out to dry. :roflmao: Dont lie to those guys :nono:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Mallardsr

Hidehunter

Dont hold back, tell em how you feel :roflmao: :yoyo:
Denver                                           

George Ackley

This is all pages combined Hamerhead

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :hahaha: :hahaha: :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

nastygunz

THAT LOOKS LIKE A "CHAMPION" ASS KICKING TO ME   :yoyo: :bowingsmilie:

HaMeR

Hamerhead!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Lets see now. In all fairness Jimbo he may have been taught how to count in french.  :shrug: 1-2-6-99-3826-5589983- 11,529,425

And the part about "only a handful are active" is soooooooo true!!  Nothing like a regular posting population of 500 out 14,000 members!!  :roflmao: That's something like,, oh I don't know off the top of my head here but I'm gonna guess,, ZEROpointZERO357142% of the membership participating.  :roflmao: :roflmao:   And 75% of those posters are all saying "thats a sweet looking tiny shiny little call. Can you send that to your field staffer out here??"  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Gawd I miss that place!!  :sleep:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 20, 2009, 03:57:52 PM
Alexa computes traffic rankings globally by analyzing the Web usage
PM has a page ranking through Alexa of 213,830
Fins and Fur has a page ranking through Alexa of 1,453,477

Explain this ranking?  :confused:
Are we like 1,239,647 points behind?

FinsnFur

Alexa is a powerful tool used to rank web site traffic. The lower the Alexa ranking number the more heavily visited the site.
So yeah were behind them, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

The point I'm trying to make is hammerhead is the second PM staff member I've seen now publicly ranting about web stats with absolutely no regard to what they actually are. :nono: It amazes me, the things they do over there to manipulate public perception.

I really want to know if it's just total and complete lack of education, or is it intended deception. Cause when I see crap like that, and then people believing it, I feel like I'm contributing to the deception by ignoring it.

Anyone knows there are not 20 thousand people posting over there let alone 11 million :rolleye:. Especially when 40 people show up at their annual hunt.

He's copying numbers from his AWstats and but has no idea how to relay the information, and in the main time everyone around him is in awwww :shck:

:laf:  :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vvarmitr

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 20, 2009, 08:54:36 PM
I really want to know if it's just total and complete lack of education, or is it intended deception.
Either way it's blind guides leading the blind!  :rolleye:

HaMeR

It's just typical pm chest pounding & they don't even know why they are doing it. At least an ape knows why he does it. Plus they have to justify their advertising prices somehow.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

RagnCajn

Well good evening Jim.

You said:
QuoteI really want to know if it's just total and complete lack of education, or is it intended deception. Cause when I see crap like that, and then people believing it, I feel like I'm contributing to the deception by ignoring it.

I feel the same way. So here goes.

You said:
QuoteSeveral weeks ago I stumbled upon a thread over at Huntmasters where RagnCagn was rambling about PM's traffic stats, and some other garbage.

I am assuming you are speaking of this thread.

http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002099

I fail to see where I am rambling about anything. I was, and admitted such, curious about the stats Leonard quoted. I would not call me answering him "rambling". I talked with Leonard on the phone because I found no hotlinks for that month in the forum, even behind the closed doors. After our conversation, in whiich he told me those were stats from his board for the entire year, I ran a search for the entire year and came up with another reply. I even thanked you for helping me to understand our stat page.

You said:
QuoteI'm not sure who taught these guys over there to read there web stats, but who ever it was has been grossly misinformed and therefore has passed the condition on to the monkeys over there

No one taught me how to read them. That should have been obvious to anyone with reading comprehension 101. In my second reply to Leonard in the attached thread where you have accused me of "rambling" I stated."Of course in my feeble mind I may have drawn the wrong conclusions from my study". There was no attempt on my part to mislead or decieve anyone, again using Reading Comprehension 101.

Since you are concerned about deception, I thought I might clear that up.

Randy

"Ain't never hit one yet, I didn't burn powder at."

RagnCajn

I'll even go one farther to ensure that deception is not my intent. Inform this "ape" how to go about taking a copy of the stat page and if I can get clearance through a consensus of the staff, I will be glad to post it for you to view
"Ain't never hit one yet, I didn't burn powder at."

FinsnFur

Since I'm concerned about deception, you thought you might clear that up?

:confused: Ok, well.....it didn't work.

This topic isn't about the thread at Huntmasters or you. Those were merrily used as a reference indicating that the ability to decipher a domains awstats reference page was lacking over there and had been pointed out previously.

This topic is about the fact that, the inability still exists and is either knowingly, or unknowingly being used to perceive public deception.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

awh

Hey guys. Thought I'd drop in on this one seeing how I've been gone for a while.

Pm is still run by low life @#$%^&*. Randy, you being one of them. (Yep, I haven't forgot what you said about me & my son  :wink:)

Jim is correct on how the numbers are read. And as it will always be, PM runs off at the mouth before knowing everything there is to know. (hince the subject of this thread)

Ol and one more thing, I still hate redfag too. Let him know that Randy as I'm sure you will.

Just keeping it short and sweet. And since I don't log on like I used to I'll go ahead and respond to your response that I'm sure is coming Randy, with a bite me. :biggrin:
I would respond with some other choice words but I'm being nice today.

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

George Ackley

I never seen any thing  deceptive in Randy , I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about when it comes to the thing with the amount of member PM has or the hits they get I really don't.
But I see Mr. Randy as one of the good guys and I put 100 % of my faith in him that he will stay a good guy.
Jim, you know me by now, I have no loyalties to anyone and you know I have no spelling or writing skills
but i am also 100% behind yea, and think your a strait shooter , but I have met Randy Reeves and think he is a good guy . so only please take this as my look on thing i mean no disrespect in you house pal ..

like i said your one of the good guys in my eyes also
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump