• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Sharp-Tooth Baby

Started by Hidehunter, April 23, 2009, 10:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Me and one of my buddies went to a little honey hole of mine down on the river after work this evening.  The Walleye are always there to spawn the week before turkey season.  Theres always 2 days you can really slay them.  We caught 5 this evening in about 2 hours.  We are either to early or late (hopefully early).  We only kept 3, the others were only bout 13 inches.

Denver                                           

FinsnFur

:eyebrownod: The most sought after fish in America :eyebrownod:

Those babys are gonna be some good chewing. Our are regulated pretty tight. How many are you guys allowed?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cathryn

Greta job to you guys.congrats.

Hidehunter

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 24, 2009, 05:36:23 AM
:eyebrownod: The most sought after fish in America :eyebrownod:

Those babys are gonna be some good chewing. Our are regulated pretty tight. How many are you guys allowed?

:yoyo:  I ate one for supper last night when I got home and it was goooooooood!  We have no limit on walleye here but they're not real easy to catch either.
Denver                                           

nastygunz

SHWEEEEEEEEEETTTT...me brudder said they been hammerin em pretty good on the connecticutt river up nawth.

Silencer

They kinda look like Sauger to me.. I have a time telling the difference.

Silencer

The sauger (Sander canadensis) is a freshwater perciform fish of the family Percidae which resembles its close relative the walleye. Saugers, however, are usually smaller and will better tolerate waters of higher turbidity than will the walleye. In many parts of their range, saugers are sympatric with walleyes. They may be distinguished from walleyes by the distinctly spotted dorsal fin, by the lack of a white splotch on the caudal fin, by the rough skin over their gill, and by their generally more brassy color, or darker (almost black) color in some regions. The average sauger in an angler's creel is 300 to 400 g (0.75 to 1 lbs) in weight but the world record was 8.1 kg (17 lbs, 12 ounces.) Saugers are more typical of rivers whereas walleyes are more common in lakes and reservoirs. The sauger is highly prized as a food fish.

Hybridization between saugers and walleyes is not unknown; the hybrids, referred to as saugeyes, exhibit traits of both species. Being intermediate in appearance between the two species, saugeyes are sometimes difficult to differentiate, but they generally carry the dark blotches characteristic of the sauger.

Dont see no spotted dorsal fins on them bad boys

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hidehunter

Quote from: alscalls on April 27, 2009, 06:39:49 PM
Looks like saugeye  :biggrin:

:eyebrownod:  The pics don't show that much detail but I believe the one I caught was an actual walleye because it did not have any blotches on its side and it had no spots on the spiney dorsal fin.  LOL me and my buddy were actually arguin over what his where and I believe they are saugeye because of the blotches on its side and it did have some spots on the dorsal fin.   
Denver                                           

alscalls

sauger dont have the white tip on the bottom of the tail. :nono:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls