• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Contest Call....Dave Paul (Photo added)

Started by Todd Rahm, April 24, 2009, 11:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

I posted this elsewhere, but I know a lot of ya aren't members there, and the members here need to see it too.  :wink:

Fellas, lets give Dave (HuntnCarve) a big round of applause for entering and placing in the......

... St. Charles, IL Call Show put on by Callmakers and Collectors Association of America

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Dave entered this call in the show, in the Amatuers Open Class, and took second with 112 points scored out of 150 possible, second place to a duck call that scored 119 points. (I think he got an extra eight points, just for the word "Duck" in front of the word "Call")  :innocentwhistle: (Just kidding I'm sure he did a great job too.)

Dave let me start by saying, "Outstanding and impressive job on the howler!!!!!!!!!" 

Let see if I get this part right. This howler is made from elk antler, with a mahogany accent band, turned blackwood mouth, and hand made tone board, made from delrin. To top it off its placed on an Oak Display Stand.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Dave way to go and way to make the Predator Call Community Proud!!!!!!!!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

That is an awesome call and way to go Dave :highclap: :highclap:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Dave,

It is great to see you getting the recognition that you deserve.  Your calls and the carvings that you do on them is second to none and that includes the duck call that won.  Way to go!   :highclap:

Jerry

coyote101

Way to go Dave! Beautiful work once again.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Frogman

Awesome as usual!!   I don't know how any call could beat that one!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Nice job indeed Dave.  :congrats:

No he didnt tell us about that. He was being his humble self usual. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Hey, thanks fellas for the kind words!  And thanks Todd for posting this for me.  It was a toss up between my "Bopeye" call and this one for the contest??  LOL!  -About now Bop would be telling me "Bite me!"  Seriously though, thanks to all who have been supportive, and encouraged me.  It's kept me going. 

Dave

nailbender

HaMeR

Over the top again Dave!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  Congratulations!!  :thumb2: :thumb2:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

John_NY

What a beautiful call. Looks like first place to me. Your calls are amazing.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

LORDDAL

OH wow congrats but I think that should have taken 1st place grand prize hands down yet another true work of art Dave I have yet to see one of your calls that wasn't a beautiful work  :congrats: :yoyo: :biggrin:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Lonehowl

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Carolina Coyote

YEA! to what everyone else said, Beautiful job. cc :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Coulter

Very fine indeed...outstanding Dave :yoyo: :yoyo:

Steve

Hidehunter

WTG Dave  :congrats:  :congrats: That call is outstanding.  :yoyo:
Denver