• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The Official FnF 2009 Fishing Tournament

Started by FinsnFur, May 07, 2009, 09:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Ok.....here we go again! :yoyo:

The tournament starts the minute your done reading this.
Tournament ends on the last day of June, at high noon, board time!

This is going to be footage tournament like last years so all entries MUST be photographed with a tape measure in order to qualify.

• Fish must be taken by hook and line.  :laf:
  • All eligible fish must be photographed and photos must be dated May8th 2009 or later. Photos without date stamps will be disqualified, unless they can be verified by one of the FnF staff.
  • Photos must be posted in "YOUR OWN THREAD". Please start a thread of your own and keepi adding your entires to your own thread.
  • Photos MUST have something in the picture that reads Fins and Fur. It can be absolutely anything, on anything, but must be legible in the picture. No photoshop.
  • All photos must have an OPEN tape measure legibly placed in the photograph parallel to the fish. This is a footage contest.
  • All species are eligible, but each fish entered and photographed must be legal to harvest at the time and location of it's catch.
  • All entries, depending on species must fall within the requirements laid out below for that species. I know this looks like bullsht guys, but we have to accommodate every angler, whether it be shark chaser or a perch picker.
  • All participants must be a Fins and Fur member with Reg Member status by the end of the Tournament.
  • Remember everyone needs to start a new topic and keep placing their entries into that topic. Everyone will have their own topic. Title it "your 2009 contest entries", I will pin them as the appear.

Species Requirements (only fish meeting the specified lengths are eligible)

• any panfish must be 8" or more
  • Trout, 12" inches or more
  • Walleye, 16" or more
  • Northern Pike and Musky must be 36'' or more
  • Non Game Fish, Carp, Paddle, Bowfin 30" or more(excluding catfish and bullheads)
  • Catfish (channel or flathead) 16" or more
  • Bullheads must be 8" or more
  • Stripers(saltwater), 30" or more
  • Stripers(freshwater), 14" or more
  • Flounder, 25" or more
  • Large and Small Mouth Bass, 14" or more
  • White Bass, Silver Bass, Sand bass must be 12" or more
  • King Salmon, 36" or more
  • Saltwater fish not listed, 36" or more

Prize Placement and structure.
There will be three prize winners in this years tournament.
The three contestants with the most overall inches at the end of the contest will be packing home the loot.

1st place will be a $150 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

2nd place will be $100 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

3rd place will be $75 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

Now git out there and git r done! :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

And another fine fishing event comes to a close :eyebrow:

I got a little work ahead of me here as I confirm and add all these up. Better take my shoes off. :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Well after two and a half hours of looking at fish pictures, writing down numbers, adding em up, and still not getting all finished. I have come to the conclusion that this one is pretty much a no brainer and I dont even need to go through all the motions.

We only got three contestants and the differences between the totals is significant enough to call it without any discrepancies.

Some of the pics appeared to be measured pretty sloppily (is that a word) but even after compensating for some of those, the totals never really neared one another.

So ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the official results of the 2009 Fins and Fur Fishing Tournament :readthis:

1st Place  = golfertrout ....$150 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

2nd place = alscalls....$100 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

3rd place = weedwalker....$75 dollar gift card to either Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, or All Predator Calls...or cash.

Congratulations gentlemen, for a job well done.
golfertrout, next year your banned from the tournament. :wink:

You guys can PM your mailing info and choice of prize and I'll get them out.
Note that if you choose a Cabela's or Basspro card, I can have the official gift certificate emailed to you, so when PM'ing me please include a legitimate address that you can accept it through.

Congrats again Guys, and thanks for the participation.
I'd like to thank all the members that provided the means to fund this event also, via auctions and donations :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Congrats guys on a good run :yoyo:  I'm hoping you had as much fun doing as I did following it.  Thanks Jim.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

I coulda beat Dave but I would not want to mess with the legend ....... :laf:
THANKS to all!!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyotehunter_1

:congrats: Guys... Thanks for entering.  :highclap:

I know everyone worked hard fur all those fins  :eyebrownod:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

golfertrout

thanks Jimbo, I had fun. I wish we could have had more peps in the contest.  But we all know the outcome would have been the same :eyebrow: :roflmao: 

trophys from my mountain trip :biggrin: i will add my name on this years fish also

golfertrout

[/quote]We didn't measure any of the fish - inches or weight. I had no intention of using a guide to put me into a contest dude. Even though that particular guide is a very good friend of mine that lives ten minutes from me. I do have other friends with boats that fish both PA and NY for kings, steelies, walleye, perch, lake trout and whatever else we feel like fishing for. A few limits of perch alone would have you scrambling to put more inches on the board. Lets see here, a limit of perch is 30 fish per person in PA with an average of 10" per fish. On a good day 3 guys on the same boat could have a limit a piece. Hmmm, that's 300 inches in perch alone in a single outing from my just my fish. On a bad day? Well lets just say things are starting to heat up on the Lake Erie bite. Look at last years results...I had one days worth of fish entered (not even a limit) and took second place. You don't think I could run away with this thing if I wanted to? We have one of the best fisheries in the country right here...perch, walleye, steelhead, big lake run brownies, Largemouth and Smallmouth bass, not to mention channel cats, carp all the little 8" blue gills you can muster up. I could also go to some streams and catch a basket full of 15" trout without batting an eye. Good luck on your mission.

coulter you now are a believer, and you know who the master is. :laf: :eyebrownod:this West Virginia fishery aint bad either is it?

weedwalker

Congradulations Dave and Al. :congrats: :congrats:
It would've been nice if there were more people participating but it was still fun.
And thanks to all who contribute to make the prizes possible. :congrats: :congrats:

Ed

Hawks Feather

Congratulations to all three of you.  Maybe next year we could have the contest be for the biggest fish tale.  I might be able to do pretty good in that one.  Did I ever tell you about . . . no wait, I need to keep that for next year.

Again congrats,

Jerry

alscalls

I dont know Jerry Dave's got an awful big tail.......Thats why I call him belly boat butt..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

golfertrout

Al you have been watching me pee havent you.  that wasnt a tail :hahaha:  pervert

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

nailbender

WTG GUYS!  Looks like ya had some fun.

FinsnFur

I'm not sure I can get all those pics in a gallery over on http://finsandfuroutdoors.net like the others.
golfertrout ya fish and picture hog! :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

golfertrout

:hahaha:sorry Jim              I went again this morning and caught 3 nice ones    biggest around 5 pounds :eyebrow:

Todd Rahm

Good job and great post fellas. I really enjoyed reading and keeping up with them.  :congrats: :congrats:

iahntr

Scott

golfertrout