• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rottten Young People

Started by pitw, May 28, 2009, 10:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I had a chance this evening to take in some ball games at our local lake where both my boys teams were playing so I took it.  I watched Don and his team[10 and under] for two innings and then Bob and his team[12 and under] for two innings, both lads did good at there jobs.  Then there was a bantam team[17 and under] playing who Didn't have uniforms this spring, so I volunteered to buy them some.  I walked over to watch them and when they came in from the field their loud mouth player says to the ump that they'd like a timeout for something specail.  He and they then came outside the diamond, lined up and shook my hand and said thankyou to me.  None of them were told to by anyone they just did it.  Rotten young people made me dang proud of them and each hand shake more than paid in full for their uniforms.  If that is what I have to leave my country to I'm not afraid of it anymore.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I'm impressed. I was anticipating something outrageous that was going to make you wish you had never associated with them, as I was reading that.

And Kudos to you for what you did in the first place. :congrats: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

LORDDAL

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: talk about not what I was expecting to find written here way to go young folks and a BIG AWSOME THING TO DO to you Barry  :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :congrats: :biggrin:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

KySongDog

That was a great thing you did, Barry, and the kids' response was just as great.   There's hope yet for the future.   :highclap:

pitw

Guys what I did was to help my community and since I don't have time to coach or ump I did it financially.  What those young men did[besides render my right hand pretty much useless] was above and beyond and It felt good.  The funny part was they have this one player who has been 0 for about three years, he hit a double and a triple and after the game said it was the uniform :shrug:.

Tikaani

Congratulations Barry, no good deed goes unnoticed.  I was expecting something a little different from the title of your post.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Don't you just hate it when kids do things like that?  The nerve of them to delay a game so that they could show respect and appreciation to the person that helped them out.  I can understand why you were upset. 

I sure am glad to read that they did this for you and I am sure that it had to make you feel pretty GREAT.

Jerry

pitw

Jerry that did make me feel great and what came after was Icing on the cake and I won't sleep much tonight as my chest is a mite swelled.  First here's a couple pics of the guys in the uniforms that my daughter snapped.

And now for the chest expanders.
This is my boy Donny who is eight and has to play with the ten year olds as there aren't enough of his age group for a team,  at the plate in the bottom of the last inning down by two runs and a man on first and second.

And him hitting the ball.

And the congradulations and smiling faces after a walk off home run.

Silencer

Hats off to you Barry, you made them kids proud to get on the field.   God bless ya bud.   :yoyo:

weedwalker

Way to go Barry. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: It's nice to be able to help out when you can. And even better when it's appreciated.

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

alscalls

I wonder where they learn it......... :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: Good on ya Bud. :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HuntnCarve

Does a fellows heart good to hear a story like that.  A "Thank you" does not cost anything, but it sure goes a long ways... You done real good Barry!  I'm sure those fellas will take a lesson from this, and somewhere down the road, pass it along in a good deed or action. 
Oh, and tell Don "Way to go!" with the Home run!

Dave

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Tell Donny congratulations - nothing like coming through under pressure.  I know that it made him feel great, but made Dad even prouder. 

Jerry

pitw

Thanks guys.  Donny and I can't even get close to each other yet.  He has been up since 6 oclock reliving the hit and I know he was dreaming about it cause he talks in his sleep.  He says thankyou as well cause he's watching me type this.

iahntr

Very cool Barry !!  :congrats:  :bowingsmilie:
Awesome hit Donny !!  :yoyo:  :highclap:
You'll never forget it.  :wink:
Scott
Scott

vvarmitr

What a wonderful show of appreciation Barry. Nearly got my eyes to sweaten.

WTG Don. I'd put up a Hi-5 smilely, but we don't have any so here is a dancing banana instead.  :dance:
:laf:

HaMeR

Aint that somethin. There's gonna be a lot of good things come from this I'm sure Barry. And you & those young men deserve them all. Way to go & tell those boys you'll be reporting back to us as their season progresses.  :yoyo:

And tell Donny I'm damn glad to have him on my fantasy 10yr old team too!!!!!!!   :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

msmith

I am impressed all the way around! It is good to see that people understand that we are put on this earth to serve, not to be served.  :yoyo:

WTG on the hit Donny!  :yoyo:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Frogman

Wonderful stroy.  That picture of him hitting ball came out perfect!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!