• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First time out....

Started by centerfire_223, September 24, 2009, 09:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I decided this year to do a little bow hunting for deer. So this morning I hit the woods right at daybreak. Being down here in the south it's still HOT!!!! By the time I was finished climbing my tree stand I was ringing wet with sweat. But that is OK, i can live with that. But what I can't live with is gnats and mosquito's!!!!! I think the sweat was an aphrodisiac or however you spell it. Cause those suckers came from near and far to have a taste. They would wade right through that deep woods off, I had sprayed on.

By the end of the morning I had seen 0 deer and came out of the woods two pounds lighter. That was from the blood loss. Time to invest in a Therma Cell. Come on cold weather!!!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

coyote101

I found ThermaCell to be very effective on mosquitoes but in my limited experience with knats, it was not quite as good. I'd be interested to know how well it has worked for others.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

JohnP

Ain't nothing worse that mosquito's and gnats when hunting.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

I think ThermaCell's are GREAT !
and I wouldn't be without one
under certain circumstances.
But I don't think they work quite
as well on knats as they do mosquito's.
Scott
Scott