• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Where is Jimmie in Ky????

Started by Bopeye, September 04, 2006, 11:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

I've been looking for Jimmie to post what's going on in the LBL. Where is he? :wo:

Need some updates. Travel patterns, pack locations, the numbers of coyotes in LBL.
We seem to be noticing a decline here, maybe parvo, distemper or even could be coccidiosis as I know it's had a terrible outbreak in domestic dogs the last year or so.

C'mon Jimmie, give me some info.
Been pouring over my old LBL map........starting to get a plan together, but need your input.
Anyone that is going to the LBL and never hunted there really needs to hook up with Jimmie. He's the man in that neck of the woods.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

Jimmie is probably hunt'n or a fish'n. Lucky bas............. :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Who?? Jinnie?! :wink:

He was on for a little bit last night. Took one look at Bop's chicken dance...and headed for the door. :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Aww...........sure.........blame it on me Jim. Ya ever think it's that poetry that you two nugget heads came up with..........c'mon.....that stuff is out there. :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

kyray

[Anyone that is going to the LBL and never hunted there really needs to hook up with Jimmie. He's the man in that neck of the woods.]

He makes a mean mouth call too! kyray

Bopeye

He makes a mean mouth call too! kyray

Uh......just what exactly are you trying to say? :confused: :innocentwhistle:

Todd Rahm

Man?............Neck?..........Woods?...........Mouth?      Hey is this Thursday?  :roflmao:

:hahaha: Just funn'n Jimmie.  :biggrin:

kyray

Hey Bopeye, you mean you ain't tried any of Jimmy's homeade calls yet? kyray

Todd Rahm

We had the chance Ray...........I tried to swidle one from him about a year ago.  :wo:

Bopeye

No, I haven't yet Ray. I heard some things about 'em though. I ain't seen Jimmie in a few years, but I'll give them a try when I get to LBL in Feb.

That's if'n Jimmie decides to show his face in here??? :wo:

coyotehunter_1

Bopeye,
I would bet Jimmie has been busy scouting for the upcoming season.

Having spent incalculable amounts of time and effort studying the coyote’s at LBL has gained Jimmie an inestimable insight to their numbers, patterns and habits. I would estimate he knows LBL like the palm of his hand. Most certainly he will be a major asset to those coming to LBL this year. 

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie has been rendering in his own lard mostly for the last couple of weeks.Doing the artsy fartsy thing with the art shows. Got another show in two weeks that I don't even have the stuff ready for yet!Trying to get about a dozen chapters of home work done before we hit job sites. Purple hull peas have come in and picking them every other day.Second crop of sweet corn is starting to come in and we have started the coon wars again!  :rolleye: That damned old buck has started his usual fall pattern of running through my electric fences every other night and tearing them all to hell !Sorry rascal runs though my place about an hour after sundown if hes the one I saw crossing the road one night in that spot. I set up an appointment for scratching my fanny day after tommorrow, I have ten minutes free during lunch :biggrin:

I think I have been on the puter checking messages and e-mails 3 times since I last talked to Todd in the chat room. I am supposed to be working on some letters but decided I needed to hear some bull being flung, so I stopped in here :innocentwhistle:

I haven't had the chance to get up to the LBL lately. But I can tell you this much Bopeye, those spots marked on your old maps are still good. They stick pretty much to a routine up there. Where ever they are found one year they will likely be there the next. What we find one group doing all the others are doing something similar. I found a way to access that one group you and Chet were so hot to get after when you were here last. It will take some shoe leather to get to them but I am sure they are still working the same pattern.

KRay, how is the finish holding up on those calls? If I remember right you bought two of the cherry crotchwood calls I had with me then. I need to order a fresh batch of reeds sometime soon so I can make some more. I am thinking seriously about sticking to the denser woods such as cherry and dogwood for all of my calls. I will still make a few odd calls from other woods, but I like these two the best so far.

Chet , you estimate wrong :biggrin: I am not likely to get lost up there but I am far from knowing that place like the back of my hand yet. I would like to get up there and do a little numbers checking before they get pushed around too much.Some thing wiped out most of the pups last year. I am hoping disease is not a factor this year as well. We lost a pup to parvo this summer. Jimmie

Bopeye

Glad to see your still around Jimmie.

So you think that hot sign I saw last time will still be a good indicator of travel lanes for the coyotes this year?

I hope you let me have a look at your map this year. I bet your map is dotted like a checkerboard. How much you charge for a peek? :readthis:

I may have to make a trip up there to see what's up with the LBL coyotes. If I do, I will get with you again and we'll do some looking at the maps and letting you relate to me what you've seen in the past.

lankrod

Not to derail this post - but I have to agree that Jimmie in Ky makes an awesome closed reed call.  I won a crotch Oak call that Jimmie donated last year in the raffle at LBL, and promptly put in use the next weekend and called a coyote in with it.  Finish is still looking great on mine, and it's on the lanyard impatiently waiting to get used.

Jimmie in Ky

Normally I let folks peek for free Bop, But seein' as it's you, I'll let you have one for ten bucks :eyebrow:

Fact is I start a new map each year and compare them with those from years past. They all match pretty close. Some groups may change up a bit from year to year, but those are usually in high access areas.And there are several groups I have seen the signs of but have not located in three years of trying.

I do owe a favor or two to a friend up there and will do some looking around in tennessee once I get up there this fall. The area I am supposed to be looking over is on the Barkley lake side though, a bit woolier over there.Don't remember which zone right off hand.Seems like it is about halfway between the Dover Inn and Wranglers.

Glad you are enjoying the call Lankrod. I hope to see you once again this year. I cut up some more of that same white oak a couple of months ago for blanks. Jimmie

Bopeye

Free for everyone else and $10 for me....... :confused:..........it's a deal. :yoyo:

Anyone going to LBL for the first time.........get ya a "free" look at Jimmie's map.
It will help out a lot and is about as comprehensive of a map you will see on coyote movements in the LBL.

Now back to that ten bucks...........can I pay ya in monthly payments? :innocentwhistle:

Bob D

Jimmie,
I want to get on your subscription list. I would like a copy of your updated map. Please send the bill to Bopeye.
Bob

Bopeye

Jimmie, where are you?

Been to the LBL yet?

Need your expertise on a couple questions I have about the LBL.

Jimmie in Ky

I am still getting way to many ticks still when I go out in my own fields. I don't even want to think about the load I will pick up in the LBL right now.  I am hoping for a hard winter this time, we are due one.

I have also been busy with other matters lately and just plain haven't had time to think about going up there yet.Way to darned many irons in the fire :holdon:

What is it you need to know James? Jimmie