• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

How many like the 1911

Started by Roundman, October 25, 2010, 07:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Quote from: Roundman on October 26, 2010, 05:38:06 PM
Quote from: vvarmitr on October 26, 2010, 09:17:02 AM
Either your lacking in your education or we need to ask to see your Green Card?  :doh2:
Us dumb ol country boys don't get out much. Heck, I have a West Virginia public education, it doesn't get much worse than that.

Good Gawd Mike!! I don't think I would've admitted that on my deathbed.

As far the 1911. They are my favorite pistol in the whole world. Loved them when we shot on the range in boot and just kept on loving them.  Only thing is I really can't afford the one I want and they are more expensive to shoot than 9mm.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Roundman

[/quote]

[/quote]
:laf:  :laf:
Two things I live by.
1...Never be ashamed of where you come from.
2...If you worked at it...never be ashamed of where you are.

Bopeye

Quote from: Roundman on October 26, 2010, 06:46:13 PM
[/quote]
:laf:  :laf:
Two things I live by.
1...Never be ashamed of where you come from.
2...If you worked at it...never be ashamed of where you are.
[/quote]

I guess I can live with that. I ain't from around here myself and I dayum sure ain't ashamed of it.  :yoyo:

WldWldWest

Absolutely love the 1911, Cant beat it! It's technology thats been working for over a 100yrs! I carried a Kimber 1911 Custom TLE II for 6 or 7 year's with many hundreds of yrds down the pipe and I have no complaints whatsoever, I thought so much of it I gave it to my son on his 21st B-day to be his carry gun. It's kinda like the difference between an AR and an AK, Like an AR it needs some tender love and care on occasion where a glock is more  like an AK, You can fill it full of sand and shake it off and it will run no problem!

All that said, When the Zombies attack I will step over a pile of 1911's to get to my glock's! Like the man said......The only reason I carry a handgun is to fight my way to a long gun!!!

My opinion----Free of charge!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Bopeye

Quote from: WldWldWest on October 30, 2010, 10:59:36 PM
Like the man said......The only reason I carry a handgun is to fight my way to a long gun!!!

My opinion----Free of charge!

Yepper. I have to agree with that.  :yoyo:

FOsteology

1911 .45ACP is my platform of choice for my conceal carry.

FozzyBear

I have several friends in the military They all say thay like the 45. ACP.  Thay told me the 9 mill wont stop the dope hades of the midle east.

Frogman

I ,too, am a fan of the 1911.  My primary carry gun is a Para LTC lightweight Commander size pistol.  I just put Crimson Trace Laser grips on it.  I haven't shot it with them on yet, but I think I'm going to like them!!  Also have a Springfield Loaded model full size that I use to shoot IDPA matches with. 

Here is the Para in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II holster prior to putting the laser grips on it.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

JohnP

I wasn't aware that there is any other pistol available.  Have four of them, two Springfields and two Kimbers. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

JohnP

Quote from: Frogman on November 02, 2010, 04:50:03 PM
  My primary carry gun is a Para LTC lightweight Commander size pistol.  I just put Crimson Trace Laser grips on it. 

Jim

Your going to like that Crimson Trace Laser.  I have one on my XD.  They are great in a hostage situation, the negotiator tells the bad guy, see that red dot on your knee, or on your crotch that is where the next round is going.  That usually seals the deal and the bad guy releases the hostage. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs