• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Alaskan Wolf Down

Started by desert dog, February 09, 2011, 07:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert dog

I set out last Saturday afternoon and setup in the thick trees to start calling for lynx. I called for a good 90 seconds and waited about 3 minutes before I started to call again. A short second sound sequence resulted in a loud "crashing noise" that was coming from behind me. With my gun steadied, I looked at my right. Suddenly, I realized he was 25 yards to my left. He started to move and I lip squeeked him and get him to stop. The 223 rang out and dropped him in his tracks. I estimated him to be near 105-110 pounds. Good fur on him.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Tikaani

Nice wolf Loren, is that down on the Kenai.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

desert dog

Yes.  It was my second one.  The first one last year had some lice issues on its belly.  This male was clean.  It was hard getting him out of the area and into the truck.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

jdbp

Now that's what I'm talking about! way to go!!

Frogman

Loren,

Wow!  That thing is nearly as big as you!!  WTG!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

Very nice Loren.  :yoyo: :yoyo: What a rush that must have been.  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

securpro

Holy crap ! that thing is big.... I bet it's been eatin coyote's.  Good job Loren :highclap:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: jdbp on February 09, 2011, 07:34:59 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about! way to go!!

Same thing I was thinking  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Fuzzy

iahntr

Very cool Loren !!
Congratulations !  :highclap:
Scott

HaMeR

WOWZER!!! That is one B I G Wolf Loren!! Congratulations for sure!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Wow, that thing is big enough to have Mama a very nice dress coat made out of it. :yoyo: :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Wow!  25 yards and closing!  That guy kinda makes our coyotes look like puppies.   Nice!

FOsteology

Nice woof! Congrats, I hear they can be a real challenge!

wv_yoter

Jason

pitw

Spectacular  :bowingsmilie:.  Awesome looking wolf,  geez at 300 yds that would look like a big coyote at fifty, so at 25 I'd  :sick2:.  Good job and feel proud.
I say what I think not think what I say.

wked

Wow!! Looks big to me!  Very nice, congrats.

Hawks Feather

Loren,

That is one BIG wolf or at least appears that way to me.  I am sure that you are pumped!  As for the lynx, there is always next weekend.

Jerry

possumal

Mighty fine, Loren.  Looks like you are teaching him to dance.   :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

Wow Loren, what a thrill!  :eyebrow:
What sound were you using?
Thanks so much for sharing that w/ us!  :biggrin:

desert dog

Jerry,

This weekend is the last one for Lynx.  Going to give it one more try.  I was using a snowshoe hare sound.  I was also using the Mojo Pup which held his attention long enough to set the scope on him.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com