• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Educated coyotes?

Started by Rich, June 14, 2007, 07:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hunsley

Rich, that is a good question and I have read all the answers. I am like you and don't have much knowledge of urban or city coyotes. I think they get used of the urban sounds . On our Midwest coyotes you bet they can associated certain sounds with danger . They run em hard with dogs here and they are hunted pretty good on atv's .  They use snowmobiles which is elegal also. If you don't kill them the first time , they get pretty rangey.\ after that. I do know that you can call them in after you have missed them though . I t may take a different sound but it can be done. On the city coyotes , I would think a good E-caller would be a good thing to use with some differents sounds , a guy recorded or something. Somthintg out of the ordinary. One other thing I think a lot of people don't cash in on is time in between calling sequences. I am a big fan of lots of time in between calls. I am not a believer in continuous calling and that will  probably open up a can worms to jump on. I know lots of people do that  and have sucess,but I just don't do that. I have myself called coyotes in and missed them to come back later in the day and use a different sound to entice them in.  Where it works pretty good is if your partner called the first time and missed , the second caller would call the next time. My friend has a different calling sequence he uses which is totally different from mine and that seems to work for us. Just a couple things to think about and try.