• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bird distress

Started by browning204, July 05, 2007, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Hey Bob-- Once you get past the fact that chickens eat with their peckers you'll do just fine with a plate of it in front of ya!! :wink:

:roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

THO Game Calls

Does that mean that if I eat chicken I'm.......oh my GOD

GAY?????

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
The Custom Call Makers Supply Store
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

browning204

I guess as long as you don't eat their pecker you will be ok.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Hawks Feather

Some things are just wrong.  I might not be able to look at a chicken again like I have before.  But then I only eat HEN chickens, so I guess I am O.K.

Jerry

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

THO Game Calls

QuoteI guess as long as you don't eat their pecker you will be ok

I was going to say I left myself wide open for that one, but figured one of you guys would surely take it the wrong way   :argh:

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

KySongDog

Chickens and peckers!  Bwaaaa!!!!  You guys are killin' me!  :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

possumal

I like to open a lot of stands with an aggressive fox bark, red or grey, and go into a distressed woodpecker sound. I have some sequences that work like that on the ecaller, and I do the same thing with mouth calls.  I find it works well for fox and coyote, and had both a gray fox and two coyotes respond at the same time on one stand a few years back.  Another sound that has worked well for me is a combination of fox and distressed bird.  You have about as good a chance of getting either foxes or coyotes respond with any of these methods. I would say that I have had grey foxes respond more, as they are far more aggressive than reds.  Like KeeKee, in extremely cold weather with little wind, I find that bird distress at low volume can be heard a really long way by both fox and coyote.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

browning204

Quote from: THO Game Calls on July 09, 2007, 04:29:09 PM
QuoteI guess as long as you don't eat their pecker you will be ok

I was going to say I left myself wide open for that one, but figured one of you guys would surely take it the wrong way   :argh:

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

You know that you gotta be carefull around here!!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

THO Game Calls

Hey - I think this guy PossumAl is off topic  :roflmao:

(Good post though)

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

possumal

Quote from: THO Game Calls on July 09, 2007, 09:59:03 PM
Hey - I think this guy PossumAl is off topic  :roflmao:

(Good post though)

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

THO Al:  You got that right about being off topic, but we are so nutty "Over here" that I can't concentrate!  :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

ohiobob

I am going to try it out soon,,I got a FREE Cat Killer call in the mail a few days ago,,the guy makes them in S. Africa and he had his acting agent ( Shipping nightmare from Africa) send me 1 free,,he kept telling me that it is EASY to work this call,,well I got the call and started blowing/rolling my tongue and it worked GREAT,,he didnt lie because this thing sounds great,,I wish I could describe it,,each one is hand made by this guy and it looks JUST LIKE a Bone that has laid in the Sun for a long time,,I really cant wait to try it  :yoyo:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

So that is the guy that found the mass grave.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

ohiobob

Damn,,could be,,I mean after all it is the AVG length of a  :shock2: :sad2: oh GOD ! I will NEVER put that thing anywhere NEAR my mouth again  :puke: :puke:!!!  :laf: Jerry,,now I am scarred for life  :shck:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

:roflmao:      :roflmao:      :roflmao:      :roflmao:       :roflmao:      :roflmao:     :roflmao:

George Ackley

I to use lots of bird sounds.. with a woodpecker being one of my favored ones.
I feel bird get quiet in the dark, distressed or not so I keep these sound to daylight hours only
I am known for staying on stand for long periods of time and lots of time bird distress will be all I use.
working it soft and slow for long periods with a fu loud and frantic times thrown in every now and then .
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

studabaka

So would that sequence you use be something like......  :wo: ..... tweet....tweet.....tweet.....tweet.....FU! FU! FU! ..... tweet....tweet....tweet.....  :shck:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bopeye

^^^^^^^Stu is killing me.......... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

studabaka

That's pretty much what my ex says...... though she doesn't generally laugh while she says it...... just one of those days...sorry.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Jerry Hunsley

Back here we use some crow calls along with other distress sounds. We have a lot of magpies and crows in the river breaks. Sometimes that' the ticket. If you have ever noticed when your out calling how the crows and magpies come in. They also give a coyote away if you watch the birds as sometimes they hover over an ole coyote . Lord knows what goes on in a coyotes mind. Some of the weirdest sounds will bring a coyote to the caller. You pick up a lot from talking to different callers in the way they do their calling and sounds they produce. Pretty interesting. Just when you think you have mastered somthing, someone else comes up with a new sound. You wonder how long it will take before we produce a super coyote uncallable.  :iroll: