• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bird distress

Started by browning204, July 05, 2007, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

I hear alot of talk that bird distress is very good on alot of critters, I don't use them much and maybe I should.

Who uses bird distress on their set-ups and how well do they work??
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

keekee

I run allot of bird distress. Some kind of bird distress on about every stand. It has worked well for us about anywere we have hunted.

Brent

browning204

I have used them while bored to attract bluejays and stuff, never ran it awhile to see what happens. I will try it more I guess.

keekee

If I am blowing distress sounds on a stand. I open the stand almost 90% of the time with soft bird distress. Then after a few min I get on the call hard. I will switch up hand calls and run different bird distress as well.

Brent

browning204

cool. I gotta practice with some of my open reeds. Right now I am using the E_caller and am just thinking of how I will approach next fall.

other than expand my territories!!!!!

and get a tree climber and a GOOD gps.

Arkyyoter

I am certainly no expert....heck, I never was even a spert....but, I use bird distress frequently. I many times mix it with other distress sounds...I know it sounds funny, but it has worked well for me. I will post a link to some of the sounds I use. This is not a calling sequence, but rather a demo of a specific call, and some of the sounds I use...

I am hesitant to post this, as I am sure there are much better callers here than I, but I can at least show you some of the sounds I have used sucessfully here in Arkansas...

http://www.arkyyoter.net/Sounds/T.U.C..wav

keekee

Sounds great to me Joe!

And mixing the bird distress in with you other sounds don't sound a bit strange to me, we do it all the time as well.

Brent

bigben

they are killer on fox.  I use more bird distress around my area mainly because the bawling bunny blues are so played out it isn't worth it.  as far as coyote I am new at em and just try a couple different things with em.  I still use rabbit distress but the only time is pretty much the first two months after that it is hard to keep a red from going downwind while using rabbit distr.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

THO Game Calls

And you call yourselves men - HA -

I can see it now, just like the scene in Jeremiah Johnson when the great hunter comes back and drops a single scrawny rabbit in the Indian squaw's pot -

No self respecting eastern alpha coyote is goinna eat a bird.

He wants something with FUR and FLESH  - not a mouth full of feathers -

I say give your bird calls to the Audubon Society and get a mans call.  Something that makes them HUNGRY - makes their MOUTH WATER - makes 'em DROOL -

But that's just me, I don't even like chicken    :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

browning204

How can you NOT like chicken?  :wo:

well all I am saying is everyone says bird distress are the best, so I thought I would try to learn more.

As I said, I wanna try different tactics this fall.

some different sounds

hunting from above

More locations

Bopeye

Quote from: THO Game Calls on July 06, 2007, 03:25:16 PM

But that's just me, I don't even like chicken    :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Don't quite know what to think of a man that don't eat chicken....... :huh: :wo:
You ain't one of them veggie-tarian type fellers........is ya?  :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

Easy with that Chicken Rich........ :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

CCP,

I thought Colonel Sanders was taller than that.

Jerry

Hawks Feather

CCP,

I thought Colonel Sanders was taller than that.

Jerry

KySongDog

Anybody hear an echo?  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Yerry's stuttering again  :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

:roflmao:  I get to laugh at somebody else now! :roflmao:

:holdon:  Sorry Jerry!!!!!!!! :eyebrownod: :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

MI VHNTR

I like to use the Johnny Stewart Yellowhammer Woodpecker sound quite a bit. It's brought in more than a few coyotes so that I can introduce them to my 223. MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

ohiobob

Quote from: browning204 on July 06, 2007, 07:52:06 PM
How can you NOT like chicken?  :wo:

Have you seen WHAT the Chickens eat ??? But I did work in a Slaughter House when I got out of High School and
IF you guys seen what goes on there you may not eat a LOT of things !!!  :biggrin:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???