• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How tough are coyotes???

Started by CCP, July 29, 2007, 11:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

I know you guys are talking coyotes here but one day I shot a ground hog with a 44 mag lever action.I split this hog right down the middle he rolled and flopped around. I watched him for a little while I thought he was dead took my 150 yard walk over to him and before I got to him he started crawling toward the edge of the feild.I hurried up so I could finish him off didn't want him to lay around and suffer.When I got there I couldn't beleive that he was still alive.His insides were laying where I shot him and he was still crawling around.

My point a ground hog isn't near as big as a deer or a coyote but if they can still crawl around with there guts laying 10 feet away from them then why can't anyother  animal

Just my .02 worth
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

ccp2

Well as the shooter in this little clip i would like to share alittle bit more of the story with everyone!The morning started out about 20 miles away,we had a place scouted out and we was  fired up about getting there but like always theres the unexpected.When we got there there was rabbit hunters every where, so instead of calling it a day we went to another spot we had called coyotes the year before ,we just went in a different way.To make a long story short, me and CCP walked down between 2 chicken houses 2 a hardwood creek that lead to a big clear cut.It was bout 3 mins into the stand and CCP seen the coyote about 100 yards in front of us jump the creek and circle down wind.Unfortunately for the coyote the wind changed and CCP throw a few barks at him from his KEES CUSTOM HOWLER and within seconds he was WITHIN 15 STEPS!!Now heres the catch there was a big brush patch between us and the coyote, I COULD SEE HIM MOVING THROUGH IT BACK AND FORTH     BACK AND FORTH   I DONT KNOW HOW HE DIDNT HEAR MY HEART BEATING!!!But after about 10 mins LOL probably 10 secs he couldn't take no more and came right around the brush top and looked me EYE TO EYE AT ABOUT 8 STEPS and i let him have it!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          It may just be me, but personally I take pride in my shooting and I feel I made a pretty DAMN good shot on that coyote!!!!!

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Mallardsr

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

If I shot half that good, I would be suffering A LOT less ribbing from a cajun that takes ribbing to a whole new level  :fingerx:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff