• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

It works

Started by pitw, August 31, 2008, 10:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Shoots the top wire of to open up a line of fire :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

That was goooooooood :sneer:

Your making the rest of us look silly. Keep em coming, man I cant wait till i get to get out.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

The last thing I'm trying to do on this board or thread is make anyone look silly.  I save that for a couple other sites.  I just figure that being as I live where I do that I can show you some of what I love to do.  I killed my first coyote when I was 8 with a pitch fork and being outdoors is my true love.  Somehow i managed to find/make a job for myself that not only pay's the bill's, gives me 6 month's off and get's me permission on many thousand's of acres.  If it comes across wrong let me know and I will quit as I sure haven't your guy's talent at most otherr thing's.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Absolutely not Barry. I made that comment with nothing but good intentions. :wink:

You keep em coming. We wont get upset unless you stop :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 06, 2008, 09:25:29 PM
Absolutely not Barry. I made that comment with nothing but good intentions. :wink:

You keep em coming. We wont get upset unless you stop :biggrin:

I concur with Jimbo. Please keep your stories and perspectives coming as it adds a much needed flavor to the board.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

pitw

Thank's guy's.  One doesn't know where all the stepping stones are on the first crossing of the crick.

KySongDog

hey Barry

'Ol Jimbo can look quite silly without any help from you.   :roflmao:   

As for the Bopfather...........all ya gotta do is look at his avatar.   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

I think I am the only sane one here and sometimes I ain't too sure about that!    :biggrin:

Keep the pics comin'!     :highclap:

vvarmitr

What the heck Barry!  :confused:  What you're doing is what this board is all about.  All the other stuff we do here is because we aren't wacking coyotes like you are.  :sad:

Seriously, keep those pix & stories coming!  :biggrin:

Silencer

:yoyo:  Keep hamering them !!!   :thumb2: 

pitw

Got our first snow over night and I was itching this morning.  Went over by a crick and looked this way

and like 35 sec's later this little girl[22lb] was standing at 45yds[how she got there I have no Idea] and I shot her.

Went to a second spot and got all comfortable in a great spot.  Blew on the call and two guy's who are deer hunting drive up and I guess they were lonely as they sat there with the truck running,  talked for 5 minute's.  Asked what I was doing so I told them I was calling coyotes.  "Where are they" one of them replied :doh2:.
   Moved east a couple mile's and was at a favorite spot.  Had the gun looking due west where I figured they'd come between two bush's.  Blew on the call 3 time's in the next 30 minute's and finally a magpie came in from the southwest.  I moved my gun to cover this approach and just as I got it moved there between the original bush's stood a big old dog coyote with a grin bigger than any I ever seen on a lottery winner's face.  He walked into the bush leaving me wondering why I second guess myself.
   Moved 1 1/2 mile's NE and set up again looking here.

After 10 min's and just after my second serie's a bigger girl[27 lb] come running from way over past the bush and came to 100yds.  She stopped right out in front of that first bush.

I stopped by home and then went 4 miles north of the house and sat 1/2 a mile from where I got one last week.  I was on a steep slope looking North and East

Way off just on the right side of the bush you see a coyote started running for me as soon as I started to wail.  He came so fast I was sure he was racing another one[not so] for the free food.  I had time to turn my weapon and be facing him and he stopped 85yds downhill from me.

coyote101

:bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:  One bow per coyote.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Bopeye

I know I'm kinda weird and eat alot.......and I kinda look scary sometimes.........and I get crabby, but can I come live with you Barry. You got it made man!!  :yoyo: :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Mannnnnnnn, those things ARE HOT up there aren't they. :thumb2: Nice job.

I like the line the visitors gave ya. "Where are they?"
That got me rollin  :roflmao:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Quote from: Bopeye on November 07, 2008, 07:24:35 PM
I know I'm kinda weird and eat alot.......and I kinda look scary sometimes.........and I get crabby, but can I come live with you Barry. You got it made man!!  :yoyo: :congrats:

Why that would be right good of you Bop, that way you could do this computer stuff and I could get more time in hunting, fishing and other cool stuff.

Frogman

Man!  What a great hunt!!  You are really taking it to them.  What are you shooting them with?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

Thank's I'm using a ruger 77V in 22-250.  40gr soft point pushed by 40gr of Winchester 760 and a magnum primer.  Bob built the last 40 round's and the only miss I've had with them was the wire that was in the road.

alscalls

You should do a video!!!!!!! I will be your camera man and Bop will taste the scat to see if its fresh....... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  Awesome job.......I wish I could see that well down here.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

vvarmitr

Quote from: pitw on November 07, 2008, 06:44:17 PM
I was on a steep slope looking North and East.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: Steep slope!!!  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :whew:

5 SHOTS

Pitw, I was wondering if you have an apprenticeship program, and if you would consider my application?  :fingerx:  :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on November 08, 2008, 06:28:46 AM
Quote from: pitw on November 07, 2008, 06:44:17 PM
I was on a steep slope looking North and East.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: Steep slope!!!  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :whew:

Okay compared to some it might not appear steep but when the coyote stopped I was shooting down at him and got him right between the shoulder blade's.  The little 40 grainer blew the good hide right off him.

Took the wife and children to meet the bus that was taking them to the rodeo in Edmonton this morning.  Coming home I came across a deer shot and left in a pasture along the road, four coyotes, 20 magpies and a dozen raven's on it.  I drove right on by about 3/4 of a mile and got my set up stuff to go for a walk.  I snuck through 100yds of willow's and hummuck's and 300 yd's of blow down brush, going as quiet as thistle down on a light breeze.  Found the perfect spot to sit and got ready knowing It was going to get fast and furious in a second.  Blew on the call, waited 10 min's, Blew on the call, waited 10 min's, Blew on the call, waited 10 min's.  Nothing,  what a disappointment but it prove's that you never know.

pitw

Well we go the lefsa cooked by 2pm today and Bob grabbed the howler off the tree that I got from John_NY and said "let's go give it a try".  What the heck it's -8F out and we needed the air.  Went over to an old farm yard 3 miles west.  There was a porcupine 30ft up a tree which I figured was a good omen if he was trying to get away from coyotes.

Bob sat down in the brush on one side of a fence and I sat on the other facing downwind.  He started barking and trying to howl and I started chuckling [thinking this is a waste of time].  Six minute's later 120 yd's to my right out come's this feller and I actually got him.

I stood up and Bob say's why didn't you shoot the other one.  He tell's me that there were 2 that came across the field and only one crossed the fence.  The other went down the fence line and I never seen it.  So much for what I know and you can guess who was acting camera man again :doh2: