• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Where's the REAL COYOTE HUNTERS?

Started by Bopeye, February 04, 2008, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Ackley

AFTER READING YOUR FIRST POST  I FEEL I NEED A NEW REPLY

YOU SAID
I read post after post, year after year about guys killing all these coyotes. I think it's time some of these "real pros" show up and teach me how to take coyotes at the LBL. Coyotes at LBL are about like the coyotes where I live. Love to live in the thick crap and love laughing at my fatazz.

I have read this again and  still don't see what I could teach ya buddy boy, I TO live in a un friendly place to call

YOU GO ON TO SAY
[I hear all this crap about how to take 'em.

/b]
when have i told you how to take them!!!

THEN THIS
Next year at the LBL, come an get three or four in two days like you say you do all the time and I will heed more of what you have to say. 

Again buddyboy,, what are you talking about?? when and what have i said?

THEN YOU SAID THIS
It's easy to talk chit if ya never have to show up in company and get skunked just like the rest of us. I reckon a reputation truly is the hardest thing a man can try and carry.

(reputation) I have no reputation Kid!!!  i have no videos up on youtube!!! I have no one sending me calls!!! I have no web site talking about how to kill eastern dogs!!!!!

you do my friend  :confused:
and you didn't kill anything at lbl,

so if you need to call me out to make you look better then so be it , that's just like so many on line callers out there trying to make a name for them self.

So let me say this , If you need me to come anywhere so you can try me just strait out ask me pal because
there are 3 things in life i love to do and calling is one of them and the other 2 i am just as good at :eyebrow:

bottom line any where any time just be prepared to deal with a guy like me   :wink:

George

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

possumal

Damn, this thread is getting out of context.  George, I don't think Bopeye was trying to insult anyone, but would genuinely like to meet some of the better hunters, and would like them to come to LBL.  I think he recognizes you as a good coyote hunter, as he does some of the others who post about kills and techniques.  A lot of misunderstanding on a post that was meant to be fun. At least that's my take on it.  Hell, he may have been poking fun at me too. I have no idea, but if he is, I'll laugh with him.  :biggrin: :laf:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

kcb346

I think the important thing to realize is that we are all REAL COYOTE HUNTERS. We all really hunt coyote, to be exact. Some are more experienced that others. As with anything luck plays a huge role.
   I have worked with dogs for a long time, granted domesticated dogs, but dogs is dogs. They all have instinct and intellegence. And just when you think you have figured them out, They can make you look stupid, andf they do have a sense of humor.

Hey Bop, this is not aimed at you or anyone else. This looked like a good conversation and I wanted to get my pennies in.
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and thats why it's called the present.

Jimmie in Ky

Goerge, you need to get down here and meet Bop in person. Ya can't he'p but like the boy. He do get wound up at times. It agravates the snot out of him that the LBL monkey is riding his back hard and he just can't shake him. I too would like to meet you myself if you could ever make it. Bop's post was just his way of inviting all to come next year and join the fun. He needs a bigger audience for his shenanigans  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

Jeb

Quote from: possumal on February 06, 2008, 10:46:03 AM
Damn, this thread is getting out of context.  George, I don't think Bopeye was trying to insult anyone, but would genuinely like to meet some of the better hunters, and would like them to come to LBL.  I think he recognizes you as a good coyote hunter, as he does some of the others who post about kills and techniques.  A lot of misunderstanding on a post that was meant to be fun. At least that's my take on it.  Hell, he may have been poking fun at me too. I have no idea, but if he is, I'll laugh with him.  :biggrin: :laf:

This is exactly they way I looked at it and even laughed at the ole Bop.  I too am one that seems to never show up at the LBL but I will have to break that and start going like I say I will.  From the looks of some posts  :shrug: you would think Bop fired the first shot at Ft Sumnter !!  Spend 2 minutes around him and I promise you will be laughing your ass off.   :roflmao:
                            Jeb

Bopeye

Quote from: George Ackley on February 06, 2008, 10:15:32 AM

bottom line any where any time just be prepared to deal with a guy like me   :wink:

George

ALRIGHTY THEN!!!

Anywhere? Land Between the Lakes

Anytime? February 2009

Thanks a bunch George, I appreciate it and look forward to meeting you.  :wink: :biggrin:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jeb

LOL  That was easy enough Bop , how many more to go ?  :laf: :roflmao: :laf: :roflmao:
                           Jeb

KySongDog

Hey Bop, er....Son

I been a thinkin (not good I know).....let's see now.....You've been skunked at LBL for all these years.....I (on the other hand) just started huntin yotes a year ago and killed my first one at LBL this year.....hmmm.......I'm a  thinkin I'm a REAL COYOTE HUNTER and I'd be more than happy to give ya a few pointers.   :biggrin:

BWAAAAAAA!!!!!    :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Just kiddin, son.. let's not get our panties in a wad.   :roflmao:   :roflmao:

possumal

Just think, Bop, all this crap when you were just trying to get your gay award presented on time.  If someone ever posts that picture I keep hearing about, rumors might start flying like geese.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

WTG George Ackley!!!  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
I bet you had ol' Bopster studdering there for a minute.  :bowingsmilie:
Sure would be great to meet ya at the LBL.  :eyebrow:

George Ackley

you got it 09 it is :wink:
I may even have to make a trip out to LBL in a couple weeks just to see the place
and see if this big city boy can kill couple critters

but first this eastern caller is going to globe
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Jeb

Quote from: George Ackley on February 06, 2008, 05:33:54 PM
you got it 09 it is :wink:
I may even have to make a trip out to LBL in a couple weeks just to see the place
and see if this big city boy can kill couple critters

but first this eastern caller is going to globe

Goodluck George , let us know how the trip went.
                  Jeb

Jimmie in Ky

George, If your planning on stopping when ya come back holler and let me know. As long as we can get in there before the end of the month we can hunt. Unless your planning a late spring hunt for yard birds or the crappie run :biggrin: Jimmie

Bopeye

I got George to come and all y'all can do is poke fun at me......... :confused: :eyebrownod:  :wo:

Now where is that big weiner Stevie Criner......or is that winer? ....... :biggrin:
Does anyone know if Criner still hunts nekkid?  :puke: :doh2:

Bopeye

Surely you jest VV......do you think I could possibly studder...... :nono:

Hey Possumal you need to come as well. Just as soon as I get my "gay award" maybe you and I can have a picture made together....... :eyebrow: :innocentwhistle: :wink:

Jerry Hunsley

Hey, boys , simmer down. You fellas think it is easy out here in the West. Not so , where I live. I live in the Midwest and let me tell you, there is a lot of work that goes into finding and killing coyotes out here. The mange has wiped out a very large population of coyotes. Here is a little story I would like to tell. This last week-end , I rode along with a friend and checked his traps. One mangey coyote is all. We drove 50 miles South of town. Then we drove another 30 miles West and made many, many stops and tried locating with siren and group howls. We had one group of coyotes answer.  We set up closer to where we heard them and no luck. We tried locating in some magnificant areas and never heard or saw one coyote all day, so please don't think the West is easy. True, in certain spots there are lots of coyotes. Kansas seems to have lots of coyotes. We still have to get out and do our scouting for contests just like you guys. The guys that do well do just that. The whole key is having enough ground and be mobile enough to cover it in a day or two. You can't kill numbers if you don't have em. You can be the best caller around and without numbers you will be just like where you guys hunt. So for me to come down there and hunt, I probably would get skunked just like you guys. Our areas are wide open and you can hunt them year after year and expect coyotes to be in those very same area. I have seen our areas go from excellent to real shitty over the last few years. You could drive around and see 15 or 20 or more coyotes just driving around , but not now. In talking to a friend we both agree that this mange isn't going to clean up until we have a lot of hard ,sustained cold winters.  That's what it is going to take to clear up the mange. I pray to God you don't get it your way. The rabbit population has exploded  which is probably because less coyotes. I'm not sure on that. I do know the litter sizes are larger in our area because we don't have the densities we used to. So we are kinda in the same boat. I have found that there are still some isolated areas where mange hasn't been a problem yet. The secrect  if you hunt for the fur is to find these places.  So you see ,we have problems out this way also.  I hunt coyotes and trap just like you guys and  I don't pretend to be any better than anyone else. I hunt and trap because that is my bag and will as long as I am able to. One last thing. Our coyotes in the sheep and cattle country are hunted from the air, year around in problem areas. We have 19 full time trappers in the State of South Dakota, plus all the recreational callers. Every rancher carries a rifle which is legal and they shoot them year around. We have snowmobilers do a number on them when there is snow and they are especially vulnerable . It's a wonder there are any left.

possumal

Jerry: That is sad news about the mange problem. Sorry to hear that.  I have often wondered if all those guys hunting the coyotes with greyhounds and kill dogs would have any effect on using the decoy dogs like Wiley.  Hunting them from the air, from snowmobiles, with greyhounds, and now the mange.  All that adds up to tough hunting for you.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

possumal

Bopeye, you big rascal.  We got to get this missing picture thing worked out before we make any future plans.  I heard it seemed to put you and Brent in a compromising position.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Kuipdog

:eyebrownod: Ok, maybe I should explain my taking exception to what was said, I think you need to see what I have had to deal with lately.  i have a guy that is always on me about my hunting, and I mean he is vicious about it. He says that I am horrible at hunting and that I don't do it right and I should be hunting where the deer are or that I don't really have any good spots to hunt and that I talk a good game but I never have anything to show for it!! I constantly hear this from him. I would love to walk away but I work with him!!!  It never ends. He thinks hunting is all about killing, my philosophy is a little different being disabled. If I get deer close, and I mean within bow range and I don't get a shot, this is a success, but to him I am a lousy hunter. I hunt with a great group of friends, but I get a little frustrated that sometimes I don't get something and they do, but they take me out and if I shoot a deer they show up to help me find it and clean it. I have my sucesses in my opinion, but this guy whose name is Jeff browbeats me constatly that I suck as a hunter. I know I shouldn't let it get under my skin, but when I wrote my original response I had just spent several hours trying to ignore his comments and I did take exception to what was written. I should have been a little less upset with Jeffs comments and not vented my frustration here, but I did and it happens. So please forgive my vent in my first response and try to understand me frustration.
If I get the chance next year, I would love to come hunt the LBL if I could maybe get a little help getting into the field.

HaMeR

Kuipdog-- It's a shame Jeff doesn't have a clue.  :rolleye: I believe you are a skilled hunter to get game within bowrange while in a wheelchair. That can't be easy trying to hide on the ground & keep things hidden. I would hunt with you any day of the year!!   :thumb2:  I'm not so sure I can say that about Jeff tho.  :rolleye:  And I'm sure he's a nice guy but he just doesn't have a clue.  :rolleye:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11