• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Predator Xtreme Article

Started by FinsnFur, March 12, 2008, 07:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Eastern Coyote Tips
A Pro's Secrets

Those of you that got a chance to read this article, tell me what you thought of it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Is there a link there, or are ya just askin?  :confused:

Mallardsr

Got the mag. Havent read it yet.

ATLRoach

centerfire_223

The biggest majority of the article talks about guns and shooting. It was just ok, at best for me.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

April 2008 Kyle

No link Joe.....just looking for some opinions before I give my thoughts
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

George Ackley

i will be right back :roflmao:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

coyotehunter_1

Nope.... Sorry, I haven't seen it.

Who wrote the article ?

I had a subscription at one time but when it ran out I never renewed. Those pages were just too darned slick for use in the outhouse.   :laf:
Maybe I'll pick up a copy and check it out again.  :shrug:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

George Ackley

THE REMEDY,,
how is the  area specific???????????????

CHOOSE YOUR CALL

THE SCATTER GUN

TIMMING IS EVERYTHING

THE SOLD LOCK

BODY LANGUAGE

HOW TO STOP THEM

Add east to the title and we will look ,, that all I can make of it
joke!!!!!

possumal

It was written by a fellow named Emory Josey.  I thought it was a filler article when I read it. In my opinion,  I sure didn't see anything advanced about what was said.  It really wasn't much of a help article for a newbie either. I have never heard of Emory Josey, but he may be one of wisest of the wise.  If this article is typical of what we can expect from him, it won't sell a lot of subscriptions.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

George Ackley

I don't know the guy that wrote the article,,

but let me give him a little help on what mistakes not to make in the east
1,  Don't under estimate the days and nights it will take you to harvest your eastern coyote , keep at it
the more time you put in the more critters you will see.
2, when its your 75th dry set up of the year, and it 4 degrees don't let your mined tell you to stay home.
     the fraise (you cant kill them from behind a key board is true.) get out there,
3, when times get you down go out west calling and get recharges .
4, because you are going to have so many dry stand don't let your confidence in you calling ability dwindle,
    go in the wood every time knowing your the best.
5. because you make so many sets a in the cold keep your gun in a soft case in the back of your truck
    every time you get out your gun, check you scope before starting to call a spot, so itS not fogged up.
6, keep one call at all times in a pocket so when the one your using freezes from spit and cold at the worst of times, you can  reach for the worm one in your pocket
7,  Don't get rapped up in coyote calling pro's from west of the Mississippi,
8, Any call will kill coyotes on any given day
9,you really don't $500.00 elec,calls any one will work   ,,,,if you work it.

GOOD HUNTING

coyotehunter_1

Emory Josey?

Ok, Google search time:  "Emory Josey is a freelance writer who has a weekly column on the outdoors page in The Macon Telegraph" .

Sports | www.macon.com

Edit:
All good points to consider, George.  :highclap:

May I add one more...

10, Don't let your calling partner eat @ Taco Grande before the hunt.  :doh2: :puke: :sick2: 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Quote from: George Ackley on March 12, 2008, 08:10:25 PM
I don't know the guy that wrote the article,,

but let me give him a little help on what mistakes not to make in the east
1,  Don't under estimate the days and nights it will take you to harvest your eastern coyote , keep at it
the more time you put in the more critters you will see.
2, when its your 75th dry set up of the year, and it 4 degrees don't let your mined tell you to stay home.
     the fraise (you cant kill them from behind a key board is true.) get out there,
3, when times get you down go out west calling and get recharges .
4, because you are going to have so many dry stand don't let your confidence in you calling ability dwindle,
    go in the wood every time knowing your the best.
5. because you make so many sets a in the cold keep your gun in a soft case in the back of your truck
    every time you get out your gun, check you scope before starting to call a spot, so itS not fogged up.
6, keep one call at all times in a pocket so when the one your using freezes from spit and cold at the worst of times, you can  reach for the worm one in your pocket
7,  Don't get rapped up in coyote calling pro's from west of the Mississippi,
8, Any call will kill coyotes on any given day
9,you really don't $500.00 elec,calls any one will work   ,,,,if you work it.

GOOD HUNTING

NOW that's what I'm talking about. I needed to be reminded of rule #4.......it's been a rough year this year....... :innocentwhistle:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

bigben

I skimmed through it and did not learn much.  it seems alot of what the put in there is the same old fluf with different way of writing it.  he has been writing articles for them for atleast a year.  a little tip if ya want a free supscription to this buy something from allpredatorcalls.com  they send a free subscription to you. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Troy Walter

I read about half of it and moved on. :sleep:

HaMeR

I felt like I already knew what he wrote. It didn't seem new to me at all. I was also expecting an article like the one from those New York fellas last month tho.

Just my take on it.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

ATLRoach

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 12, 2008, 07:34:45 PM
April 2008 Kyle

No link Joe.....just looking for some opinions before I give my thoughts

Thanks Jim... I haven't got mine yet???? Guess I need to find out where mine is.

CCP

QuoteAdd east to the title and we will look ,, that all I can make of it
joke!!!!!

I will agree with George on this.

I did read the article by Rich Higgins and found it to be very well written and some good info in there. I just wish they could have given him 15 or 20 more pages to write on the subject. Maybe there will be a follow up on the subject.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jimmie in Ky

Rich Higgins did write a very good article. One that should open some eyes a bit if they read it .

Emory Josey has never impressed me as a writer.  But this article reads to me like he did his research on the internet  .

Jimmie

keekee

I did read the article today and can say it didnt meet the title. ???? I thought it was a fair read, but was not what I expected.

Riches article I did enjoy though! I thought it was very well wrote and had allot of good info I could relate to!

Brent